Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Expensive sets

I've tried most 30YW and ECW figures in 20mm and 1/72, the Tumblling Dice was nice, but I stopped, glueing heads on just was a chore, and quite frankly they have that metal look of figures with not so good proportions, and expensive. The Zvezda were perfect, but attaching small 1/72 hands with pikes and the large size put me off that brand too. Been thinking of a 3D printed line, if it's possible to use ringhands. The Revell ones were perfect, no assembly and perfect size.

Re: Expensive sets

I was lucky to be sold several sets of the Revell TYW collection at a very nominal price about 4 years ago. These form the basis of my Renaissance wargaming armies.

The ACTA ECW figures are a useful addition as is the Mars figures. One of my Covenanter Horse units is Mars with Tumbling Dice heads....fits in perfectly.

Metals are Tumbling Dice with a few Hinton Hunt, Warrior & others.

My small Parliamentarian army is all plastic, as is half my larger Royalist force. My Covenanters are all metal & I think they match the plastics well. Indeed, I have a Covenanter Dragoon unit with 5 figures per base. All but one figure are TD. The extra figure is ACTA (with a TD head) & I challenge anyone to pick it.