Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It was a hard week's ride

Thank you Mr Strelets all I can say is we want more more more and yesterday.

Something exists

Desr friends,

There exists this 1970 movie:slaughter in the khiber pass.

https://youtu.be/hCAcLVGqysw

I hope you find a better copy,

On the other hand, the first 5 minutes of the Peter Sellers’ comedy “The Party” is devoted to that. :-) Don’t miss..

Keep on with the colonial theme.

I hope you redesign some of your old colonial sets of Crimea.

Saludos,

Re: Something exists

First time I have seen British lancers in red tunics :laughing: Strelets you will need to do some research on uniforms, other than watching the list of films :laughing:

i thought the British 16th lancers wore red tunics in the Sikh wars?

YOU ARE RIGHT 16TH LANCERS AT THE BATTLE OF ALIWAL 1846 ANGLO SIKH WAR

"When William IV came to the throne in 1830 he ordered all regiments in the British Army to wear scarlet coatees or jackets. The order was resisted of course by the Royal Horse Guards but also by hussars and rifles. Lancers did adopt scarlet but with the accession of Queen Victoria they reverted to blue again, except for the 16th Regiment who would retain scarlet indefinitely"
http://www.uniformology.com/LANCERS-00-0.html
16th Lancers
"From 1816 to 1832 a dark blue lancer uniform was worn, until in December 1832 a scarlet coatee and undress jacket was authorized for all lancer regiments as part of a general policy to make red the national military colour. In 1840 it was ordered that Light Cavalry should revert to the blue uniforms formerly worn. Sir John Vandeleur petitioned that the regiment might be permitted to retain their scarlet coatee and on 2 March 1841, his request was granted.[42] The scarlet uniform was worn by the regiment during the First Sikh War and on their return to England in 1846, they remained the only Lancer regiment not to resume the blue jacket of the light cavalry. The unique distinction of scarlet lancer tunic and dark blue plastron was retained in full dress until 1914"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16th_The_Queen%27s_Lancers

The Lancers wear sun helmets in the film, that suggests 1870`s or later, by this time British troops in India were wearing khaki , the 12th wore a red breast panel, like the 17th white one in full dress, this was like the 17th reversed on campaign to show the blue reverse side,so the uniform appeared as all blue, but seeing as the guys in the film are not wearing lancer jackets then they should be khaki, so what they should be wearing is Khaki or Blue, but definitely not red.

Re: It was a hard week's ride

Remember the mule company only has 50% riders, the other 50% walk, taking it in turns to ride the mules(in other words one mule to two FFL), this is to make sure they dont imagine their cavalry and act accordingly.... also intended to give the riders a rest, something these guys dont seem to be doing...

:wink: