Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
8thArmy +

Hi all
just got my 8th Army heavy weapons sets. Overall, I'm most impressed but why only 2 AA Bren Gunners when there are spaces for 4 - another 2 would be more useful than the bonus figures!
And why no No 2 anti-tank riflemen? How about radio operators?
Moving on, here's 2 penny worth of suggestions. How about Afrika Korps Weapons as a logical extension of these - I'm sure they'd be most welcome! Also, how about Italian Heavy Weapons, and for that matter Italian Colonial troops?
I see various guns and AFVs are in development. Well, as Strelets are coming along in leaps and bounds how about making a model kits division making true model kits in hard plastic, with good instructions to complement the WW1 and WW2 figures. Properly I should think they'd be most welcome and good sellers.
Keep up the good work!

Re: 8thArmy +

Thankfully my Heavy Weapons Squad came with two AA Brens, but four would've been nicer, I could have given two for the Indians that way.

I'd fully support two set of DAK figures, one for the standard infantry (with only one SMG at an NCO! and maybe another for the commander, the rest 10-12 poses should be 8-9 rifles, 1-2 machine gunners, and the rest as ammo bearers with rifles slung on their shoulders), another for the heavy weapons (sMG34 on tripod with loader and spotter, 81mm mortar with 3 crew, flammenwerfer, AT rifle, light mortar) - this would be REALLY great, two boxes for a full army for Battlegroup or Bolt Action!

Re: 8thArmy +

I have said the same on previous threads, and agree 100%. Africa korps heavy weapons,yes please. Italian cannone da 75/27 with pneumatic tyres and Italian crew would be good too.