Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wargame Table Surface

Good grief, I could get all of my Napoleonics in eight armies out at once on that table! But my soldiers are unpainted, so would not do it justice.

Perhaps you could try indoor/outdoor carpet. It is somewhat similar.
I have a small 2 1/2 foot by 5 foot table and use either green, gray or tan bath towels depending on battle era being covered. Not practical in your case though.
Hope you find what you need and enjoy your retirement. I know I do. Cappy

Sorry I know you already mentioned this type of carpet. What I had in mind was the type of indoor/outdoor carpet used on porches and the like. I've had to replace mine and it is still available. Lasts for years. I have not seen pool carpet used recently at all. Cappy

I would use a good latex gaming mat personally. You could place different layers underneath it to create ridges and hills and it would look great with terrain on top f it. The best I ever used were made by a company called Zuzzy, but they are no longer in business which is a shame. There are many other manufacturers out there, just look for the one that offers the best for your needs. Good luck!

Hi Mike that sounds brilliant would love that!
I currently use hand painted 5x6.5 muslin cloth with acrylics with some finer detail added ,I have a mountain that you can put cushions etc for the height ,2 pieces same measurements each for a d day scenario complete with river roads and streams boggy areas, and currently working on one as a base for an urban area ie Berlin,Stalingrad etc the d day one's are designed with a seperate 18" wide beach complete with an estuary they are all about 1/72 scale and they are designed to fit either left to right or inverted they will eventually fit 4 of them !for an 10 ft deep by 13 ft wide battle area plus beaches obviously with a bit of imagination the mountain/hills could be incorporated as well as the city.......i would love to see it all finished ie yours! ps all of mine fold neatly into apx20"x20" bundles ...thanks for the inspiration !

Have you thought about pool table felt I don't know how wide the rolls are but it does come in many colors

Hello,

If your table and floor is sturdy enough then I suggest you line it with a membrane and use builders sand.

Excellent when dampened for sculpting and no more raised trench systems etc.

Best wishes,

Chris

https://meninboxes.blogspot.com/2012/11/major-general-tremorden-rederrings.html