Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Camel sets reviewed on PSR

Plasticsoldierreview have reviewed the first of the new Strelets Camel sets.

They generally like the set but complain about the poses of men and animals, and some further points.

Do I trust PSR? Yeah, they are indispensable for the hobby to me.

Do I care about the complains? Nah, not this time. The poses are fine to me for riders being on patrol, the camels' gait does not matter much to me. I would have liked more baggage, yes, but I can add that when needed.

So, looking forward to put my hands on the new Strelets sets! The camels will serve in many an army of mine, not only the Japanese...

https://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nachrichtenfoto/camel-mounted-indian-army-soldiers-stands-at-the-ready-nachrichtenfoto/80316234#/camel-mounted-indian-army-soldiers-stands-at-the-ready-during-joint-picture-id80316234

https://www.businessinsider.com/7-modern-armies-that-still-ride-animals-into-battle-2015-5?IR=T

Who of you already have them, and how do you rate them? Regards, Pa

Re: Camel sets reviewed on PSR

Hi,

i've got "just" the arabs on camel, but with the same camels i can say they are really great for me!

I have no problems with the poses, sculpting or look of the camels. However, for the 'arabs-on-camels' set I found the holes for the rider leg-pegs to be too forward, so in most cases the riders would end up sitting more on the back of the camel's neck or front edge of the saddle, rather than on the camel's back/in the saddle. Had to disregard the peg holes as a consequence, and fill them in with putty.

Baratheon
I have no problems with the poses, sculpting or look of the camels. However, for the 'arabs-on-camels' set I found the holes for the rider leg-pegs to be too forward, so in most cases the riders would end up sitting more on the back of the camel's neck or front edge of the saddle, rather than on the camel's back/in the saddle. Had to disregard the peg holes as a consequence, and fill them in with putty.
Easy solution for any rider's pegs and holes problems:

Save your sprews.

1. Trim any sprew's tips/ends with an X-acto blade to a point at the end and leaving bigger at the other end. Simply push the sharp sprew piece into the holes on the camels. They should fit tightly and never fall out. Use the X-acto knife to trim the plug (sprew piece) flush with the camel.

2. Use a hand-twist drill to simply locate and drill new holes for the riders pegs.

Bingo - no glue - no putty - no paint - and should be no problem.

Not read PSR yet, I have multiples of all the sets, but don`t like the guys holding water bottles,passing water bottles etc, nice for a diorama ....once but not a lot of use otherwise, but it`s one of those subjective things, like marmite you either love it or hate it.

Thanks for your replies. Will get the Ottoman set for sure.

GC, any chance of a tutorial? You make it sound so simple! :nerd_face: