Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Selling Guns and Crews as separate sprues? For Both WWI & WWII, Please

Pa
Dear Stelets,

it has been suggested several times that you could sell your WW1 gun crew sprues separately.

Now with the excellent new WW1 and WW2 sets nearing production, would you mind sharing your thoughts about this?

If your concern is collectors would not want four identical spures of gunners in one box, combining two or more sets could be an option (if feasible) - e. g. A001 and A002 as WW1 Late War Artillery Crews (or Hundred Days Offensive Artillery Crews), A003 and A013 as WW1 Early War Artillery Crews (or Battle of Ypres Artillery Crews), etc.

There might also be a market for the gun kits sold separately. Regards, Pa
I have always felt that the Strelets Team should focus on what it does best, and that is making Soft Plastic Toy Soldiers in Appropriate Colors. Try and deny this and just look at the other company doing the same now by rerunning their popular moulds in new colors, thank you.

In short, Strelets' latest releases of WWI Lawrence of Arabia and soon to be released French Foreign Legionnaires (RIF War) are physical evidence of this.

Oh, did I miss their fantastic WWI Artillery Personnel that go with the hard plastic artillery?

I agree with the spirit of this thread - Release to us fantastic soft plastic sets of soft plastic Artillerymen Sprews but, without the artillery. That is what Strelets does best, still, and only getting better.

GIVE ME: A box of 4 sprews of WWI Germans in full uniform with Pickelhaub Helmets muscling around light artillery in the field (with ghost limber and cannon).

GIVE Me: A box of 4 sprews of WWII Germans with full uniforms with braces for anti aircraft guns.

NOTE: I just this past 12 months (2017 - 2018) started collecting WWII. My first project is making a 1/72 MARX Guns of Navarone with Caesar, Strelets, and Airfix soldiers to garrison that fantastic MARX hardplastic mountain. It was born for 1/72. But there are no good WWII Artillerymen. All the existing stuff is oversimplified, fat, and boring poses and in an afterthought hard plastic with bubbles throughout the figures - junk.

I rest my case; Pa and Mike are absolutely correct - GC

Thank you GC.

I have been eyeing that Guns of Navarone set too!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Mike, GC, thank you for supporting this thread. "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." :+1:

Pa
Mike, GC, thank you for supporting this thread. "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." :+1:
Thank you, Pa, and beyond this famous quote, hopefully Strelets will start a beautiful new trend - Sets of Artillerymen only.

I neglected to mention for Strelets to read here (hint, hint) that I can't bring myself to pay for a complete set/box for only one (1) Artillery Crew and a cannon I'm not interested in. And still haven't.

But put somewhere between 2 to 4 of the Artillery Crew Sprews in a box w/o the cannon, and I'll buy several boxes. I'm like Mike Bunkermeister Creek, I've got heaps of smaller artillery pieces just dying to have crews man them.

Strelets already has the moulds/Crews, just need to put them in a bag, box, rubberband them, scotch tape them, a zip-lock … and I'll open up my purse strings and buy bunches of these with enthusiasm.

Truly, I think this is a good idea with win-win in mind that will help strengthen an already beautiful friendship for both the Strelets Team and us guys!