Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new ancient sets - or are collectors of ancient sets on the red list of threatened species?

In the last batch of releases there was only 1(!) ancient set and if I have a look to the sets 'in preparation' or the sets we just got a taste

there are only 3 (or better 1 and 2 might be) ancient sets:
M077 Spartacus Army
and maybe
M091 Caesars Army in Battle II
908 Ancient 'in preparation)

Are there no collectors of Ancient (or medieval) Sets alive?

I think there are still a lot of gaps open? Even complete new are era?

For ancient collectors HÄT is real a disappointment (announced sets take year to be released, if ...)

Only the new company Linear-A is announcing interesting new ancient and medieval sets.

But it would be great, if Strelets would e.g. open a new ancient range (I like to be surprised).

I real like the strategy of Strelets to have something for everybody ...

Re: new ancient sets - or are collectors of ancient sets on the red list of threatened species?

After all i've heard in some forums/fora, ancient fans are on the red list of endangered species. After all i'm happy to get figures from Strelets, which i can divert for my purposes, which works very fine.
The bad thing with Hät is, no other manufacturer - e.g. Strelets - wants to do something, what's already published from others (HäT), so we don't get Sets or ranges which would be good, because they publish but never release ... i gave it up...

Re: new ancient sets - or are collectors of ancient sets on the red list of threatened species?

My local hobby shop - the Sentry Box in Calgary, Alberta - has a huge amount of HAT, Strelets etc ancient 1/72 sets that have been on the shelf for quite some time - if anyone is looking for them.

I'm an avid Ancients fan....but, to be honest, there is not a lot more I'm looking for.

I'm really pleased with the Strelets Spartacus range, which will give my Romans another opponent.

I'd love to get HaT's Sassanid Cataphracts and Elephants.....but they are likely 3-5 years away :-(

Hello
I agree. Would love to see the gaps filled that are left by Caesar and Hat.

i.e Chaldeans, Babylonians, Elamites, Caananites and Syrians for classical (please don't tell that Assyrians will do, as they won't)

Lydians, Phrygians plus Egyptian marines for Persian wars

Etruscan and Ligurians for Roman and Punic wars.......

and for Jerzy.
Lots of Byzantines before he dies of despair.

Byzantines for me as well and biblical armies would be good as Egyptians are a bit lonely.

I want 3rd century Romans; we gets loads of 1st century, then a big gap to 4th/5th.