Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Italeri BEAU GESTE Algerian Tuareg Revolt 1877 - 1912 - BATTLE SET #6183 - NEW

Alan Buckingham
I will be buying it, I have not bought the others they have released only because I don`t need all the kits they come with, but this set looks 100% usable.
Yes, it does look 100% usable doesn't it! I'm really excited about the fact the fort itself is modular, so right out of the box we can make it any size and design we want with literally no conversion work. It looks to be twice the size of Airfix's Fort Sahara so it is an actual scale fort.

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be appropriate for an Indo-Chine colonial fort. I'll have lots of Strelets upcoming French manning this fort.

And for those of us who also enjoy the British Colonial Era, this looks to be an easy cross-over for the Siege and Relief of Chitral of the Northwest Frontier. Here is a link from BritishBattles.com with lots of photos of similar fortresses:

https://www.britishbattles.com/north-west-frontier-of-india/siege-and-relief-of-chitral/

Re: Italeri BEAU GESTE Algerian Tuareg Revolt 1877 - 1912 - BATTLE SET #6183 - NEW

Garrison,

The fort is by Sarissa Precision. They are beautiful models, easy to assemble that look beaut in the 'raw' and even better painted. Yes, they are modular.
I purchased the Italieri La Haie Sainte sets that came out as part of the Waterloo bicentennial. The building models for that were a special run from Sarissa Precision that are not available in their regular catalogue, so perhaps this one is too?
(I have since bought further 1/72nd building sets from Sarissa Precision and they too are great).

James

Dear James

Thank you very much for the information about Sarissa Precision Ltd and their making Italeri's Beau Geste Fort. I've been reading info on their internet site for the past couple of days and it seems they do a lot of commission work, esp. like for Italeri. They are certainly serious. The Rorke's Drift model has got to be a 1:1 full scale replica. Same with your La Haye Sainte. Both are absolutely stunning! With the pictures with Esci FFL and Arabs I can see this should fit nicely for my purposes.

I'm looking forward to getting the FFL Fort. Right now we are lucky Italeri commissions our 1/72 sets. Their biggest catalogue offerings are in 28mm. Maybe if we right in to them they could be encouraged to scale down some of their other sets.

OK, thank you so much again! - GC

Pleased that it was of some use and interest Garrison.

I was so impressed with the La Haie Sainte model that I also purchased the Russian village set, chateau and La Belle Alliance. They are all to 1/72 scale, so the models of real buildings are big, but 'bewdiful'! Did you see what they do in 28 mm? That 'Streets of Rome' series, wow! Hopefully they will do more of their ranges in 1/72nd in the future.

James