Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arab spring over now ? Maybe some more Levantine era information will become available.

Great to see you drop in after such a long time. How time flies! Sure miss your Diodramas. A lot of us looked forward to each and every one. But is sounds like you are channeling that focus into your new bikes and traveling. It really sounds great! If you find yourself relaxing at home and the weather doesn't permit you to take a ride, try feasting your eyes on some of Strelets new sets. During this past time, the sculptors have been honing their skills and some new ones have even joined their team. My favorites new sets you'll find under World War I, especially the Lawrence of Arabia Line of sets. Also, another favorite are all of the new American Civil War sets, both Union and Confederate and next up later this year are Artillery sets for both sides. Durn, if anyone could make an awesome Diodrama with these new sets, it would be you. Strelets as a company has really focused it's attention on very popular themes. So don't just fly in and fly out. Have a tall cup of coffee and feast your eyes. Again, glad to hear all is in motion and going well. Take care for now and don't be a stranger! - GC

Re: Arab spring over now ? Maybe some more Levantine era information will become available.

Wow,
When I first saw " by Head for the guns H..." I thought this must be some kind of a hoax, but as I read your post I realized it's really you! I was saddened that you left this forum... you didn't even say goodbye, though I guess you did hint that you were going to go. I guess quite a few people don't post here anymore, you mentioned Ewe Wilde ( maybe once in a blue moon he might post here),Kert remember him...actually I think he got banned.
To mirror what Garrison said I too miss your DIODRAMAS, I would still like to know how you paint so many figures in such a short amount of time. The only other guy on the planet that can match you is a guy by the name of Duke Siefried. I wish you could have made a YOU-TUBE video on your techniques.
Like Garrison said post here once in awhile...it doesn't have to be about miniatures if you come across any good books on uniformology or good historical movies or even a good historical/military joke let us know about it! One last note to what Garrison said, in my opinion Strelets is now the Number one miniatures company in the world. They are doing some really amazing work the sculpting is excellent! Italeri, Zvezda I believe no longer produce 1/72nd minis anymore. Waterloo 1815 and HAT maybe do one or two releases a year.

Paul K.:+1:

Hi Paul, yES Duke Siegfried very famous, much respected in Wargaming community. I recall him when I was collecting Hinton Hunt 20mm as my main wargame figures but soon went into 15mm(not 25mm too expensive I always like mass of figures for my hard earned $ ) acw ancient and ww2. Many o fthe fathers of that wargaming era have taken the elevator to the grand masters playing room in the sky. I enjoyed mass painting techniques. But much achievement was from researching with Uwe and Firat and other foreign contributors to source figures we wanted for mutual projects,that 1/72 or 20mm were not involved with. So much of that information was first revealed on this forum but much contested by hastelers with ridicule or bad taste personal criticism that drove the janitor mad... so that was another reason to depart the hobby. The minimalist effort diodrama guys with 12 figures and big expensive cameras to over expose what ??? very little yes good photograph technically but the photo composition pathetically low content old Hollywood optical trick to make appear mor efigures thru photoshop and vlurred ecposures easy to detect.Fake..to me this was apocalyptic to the hobby and the naked overdetailed figures dropped the strelets brand decency to lower deck. I still treasure the historical information we forum breakaways all found some priceless articles and lithographs and booklets,. I have one more battle from 1853 Russo Turk War battle diodrama I would like to do but it may take 6-7 years to rebuild the scenics alone. Then some smaller campaign ones,GC knows of these.he is a demon with a modelling knife you cannot see the conversion joins of the figurines.I see now Strelets-r produced MANY OF THE figures a lot of us were hurting for then 2012. Instead war1 Russian cavalry and turn up romans and more romans .Im midway through motorcycle projects with an interest in one at El Mirage .Now planning to relocate to Kentucky in 5-6 years then MAY do the last diodramaS of the Danube 1853 war. Burgas or one of the greek named Danubian town battles.Okay I wish you well and will keep in touch time to time. Take care and be good to each other. hftgh