Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets Future Projects

Strelets
I can hear the pom pom !

Great news! So some of the artillery quizzes are resolved.

Very much looking forward to buying the Schneider Ansaldo 105/28. Looks like the figures interpreted as Afrikakorps are rather Italians. :+1:
http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1062543&cmd=show

Will be interesting to see the conversion potential of the ACW guns and whether the Parrott will really be the rather rare 30 pdr version.

The heavy Parrott gun, while not in ordinary use by Union artillery regiments (being primarily used as a siege gun), was if anything actually used more than the other gun Strelets has listed. The Whitworth gun was also used in only very small numbers (and only by the Confederates). For example, of the roughly 170 Confederate guns that delivered the grand barrage preceding Pickett's charge at Gettysburg, only 2 were Whitworth's (firing from very long distance). So Strelets has chosen to model pretty rare artillery pieces for their ACW line. I'd have myself preferred really good models of some of the more common pieces. But as long as the artillery crews are well done, I'll be happy enough with these offerings.

I'm not going to quibble over the particular pieces (though being an old artilleryman I guess I should) - but I do have a bunch of nice guns from other makers over the years who lack decent crews so even if Strelets' guns were to be garbage (doubtful) their crews would be invaluable to me (particularly with the new style of sculpts).

Artillery crews for the USA in ACW, WWI and WWII would be great! Even without guns. I have lots of guns from many manufacturers, including Strelets that need crews. Several of the British guns were used by the USA and need crews. I would buy the crews that Strelets made for their large styrene guns.

Thanks for making artillery for the USA, I will be buying more and more!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog