Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fidelis Models

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
My friend Randy at Fidelis Models has several special offers going on right now, including free shipping in the continental US on orders of $75 or more. He sells a number of 1/72nd scale plastic figure sets.

https://www.fidelismodels.com/product/Orion_DDS72003.html

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog
I have bought from Fidelis Models and their prices and shipping are just as competitive as any company in the same solar system.

But if you live on a different planet in another solar system then you should expect to pay more for international space travel.

If you live in the U.S., Fidelis Models is a great company and you will be happy.

When I lived overseas in Asia it was a different solar system! The lessons I learned from it was request domestic mail only, such as USPS, Royal Air Mail, etc. Do not use FedEx. They always opened my boxes and charged me duty, etc. Always something. Also UPS (United Parcel Services) had linking with other high dollar delivery in other countries, so again, too expensive. If you request special services you will have to pay for it. So just send out or request through your domestic service and you should be happy enough. BTW, it was always FedEx who lost my stuff. Domestic carries were just as quick and always reasonable.

Another thing to check into is the Conversion Rate at that time. I have bought from overseas because the favorable conversion rate allowed me a cheaper price, thereby making up for higher international S & H. You just never know until you "do all the math."

Example: I just bought from Italy to the U.S. of A. the Fort Capuzzo 1/72 front fortress wall. It Cost me $29 for the set and $32 for S & H. In my experience is usually a 1:1 ratio for costs. But I couldn't find any local options, so as any honest negotiator will tell you, negotiate your best, pay your money, and be happy!

Hope this helps to clarify some expectations for domestic vs international shopping. Again, Fidelis Models is a great company.

Re: Fidelis Models

GarrisonClay
[Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog
I have bought from Fidelis Models and their prices and shipping are just as competitive as any company in the same solar system.

But if you live on a different planet in another solar system then you should expect to pay more for international space travel.

If you live in the U.S., Fidelis Models is a great company and you will be happy.

When I lived overseas in Asia it was a different solar system! The lessons I learned from it was request domestic mail only, such as USPS, Royal Air Mail, etc. Do not use FedEx. They always opened my boxes and charged me duty, etc. Always something. Also UPS (United Parcel Services) had linking with other high dollar delivery in other countries, so again, too expensive. If you request special services you will have to pay for it. So just send out or request through your domestic service and you should be happy enough. BTW, it was always FedEx who lost my stuff. Domestic carries were just as quick and always reasonable.

Another thing to check into is the Conversion Rate at that time. I have bought from overseas because the favorable conversion rate allowed me a cheaper price, thereby making up for higher international S & H. You just never know until you \"do all the math.\"

Example: I just bought from Italy to the U.S. of A. the Fort Capuzzo 1/72 front fortress wall. It Cost me \$29 for the set and \$32 for S & H. In my experience is usually a 1:1 ratio for costs. But I couldn\'t find any local options, so as any honest negotiator will tell you, negotiate your best, pay your money, and be happy!

Hope this helps to clarify some expectations for domestic vs international shopping. Again, Fidelis Models is a great company.[/quote]

No, you're wrong. You pay more for US P&P than from China (often free, usually nominal) & from the UK: usually about 60% of the US prices.

AFAIC, the US has priced itself out of the international parcel market. This has nothing to with the company in question. It may well be a great company: I'll never know.

Postage Problem

This article explains the whole postage thing. The short version is the EU and American subsidize postage rates from undeveloped nations to developed nations and Communist China is considered undeveloped. So the Chinese send items in the mail to the USA or Europe for less than it costs to mail them and the host nation pays the difference!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshepard/2017/11/05/how-the-usps-epacket-gives-postal-subsidies-to-chinese-e-commerce-merchants-to-ship-to-the-usa-cheap/#76ba6e1040ca

Mike Bunkermeister Creek