Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ever Just Wanted To Run Away And " ... "

When I was 6, my home ran away from me.

We lived in a caravan and as dad drove it down the highway, I fell out.

Really exciting and very touching stories, guys!!
Another one is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Two_Flags_(1936_film)

Garrison, your post reminded me of a book I read about an American who joined the Foreign Legion. He grew to hate it and deserted, going to an American Consulate and claiming he had "lost" his passport (which had been taken when he had enlisted), and was able to make it back home. His family was grateful that he had come back, but over time he found himself missing Legion life more and more, and returned to France and tried to report back to his unit, but was told that he had been declared a deserter and wasn't allowed back in. He actually felt heartbroken about it!

If anyone is interested, the book is Legion of the Lost: the True Experience of an American in the French Foreign Legion, by Jaime Salazar.

I would recommend a book I read a few years ago legionnaire by Simon Murray - the author joined the FFL at 19 it follows his time in the FFL.
Hair raising stories about killing terrorists & Removing the heads for identification purposes & a terrorists head ending up in the legionnaires cooking pot as a joke.

Mon Legionnaires,

Try as we might, there is a little Legionnaire in all of us.

Who hasn't wanted to make a fresh start, whether with an old girlfriend, or hard to get along with educator or boss, or even some guy on the forums who just wants to look for a fight and found your button.

Maybe some of us, myself included, uses a false name to run away from some kind of past and look for a new start, or just want a new neutral identity.

Personally I don't like the idea of job recruiters using social media to eliminate candidates, but I suppose it does make sense. That's why I don't use my real name on forums.

But I do express my real and sincere appreciation for your opinions and input on topics I am interested in, even if on the fringe of toy soldiering.

So, Mon Legionnaires, long live your dreams, and if you don't get it right the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time - don't give up. Do what the Hollywood stars do, keep looking for a name that fits your personality, then make youself into a hero!

Merci beaucoup - bon chance! - GC