Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Holy Grail of 1/72 Forts - Marx Alamo

Hi Graeme,

The HO Scale, or 1/72 size Alamo Playset sold for $2,400 USD yesterday. That's $200 more than the other one sold for in 2016.

The size of the HO building is only 6-3/4 inches wide, 3 inches to the top ledge or 4-1/4 inches including the front hump and 2-1/2 inches deep. Pretty small! And then you get the walls and gate to enclose an area like a fort. It actually is well detailed on the front and back.

It is also made of cast hard plastic.

The other auctions you are looking at are 1/32 scale, or for their 54mm and 60mm soldiers (not for HO Scale soldiers).

Those others are quite a bit bigger and called "tin litho". They're made of flat metal and all details are painted on. They are not rare. You can find them everywhere.

It's nice Airfix is re-issueing some of their HO or 1/76 sets. I still like their 50 cent soldiers in today's better colors.

P.S. Dear Strelets, Thank you for letting us post this here and follow this auction. When someone buys one of these, really, they are only renting the playsets. Anybody can turn around and resell them for the same prices and get their money back. And there is no upkeep costs. Actually one of the better investments. Truth be known, I've never bought a toy soldier for resale. Always to keep. Especially your fine figurines!

OK, have a nice weekend! - GC

Thanks for the info GC I did wonder if the other listings were the same thing.

looking at the final sale price one thing is certain, it's gone to someone who will love it.

Tanks GC for telling us about this and the final price and thank you Strelets for allowing these sort of posts