Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Scots Greys

Everything we do with toy figures are fantasy, whether you call it re-inacting, wargaming, making dioramas, collecting or simply make-believe.

The closest thing to actual historical accuracy are the figures Strelets and others make.

That one battle the Scots Greys fought in, Waterloo, is the stuff history is made of. Strelets should make the Scots Greys who faught with and alongside the Highlanders and thereby complete that aspect of the battle which led to the British victory.

The Scots Greys didn't charge through or over the Highlanders, they walked through them to avoid trampling their own men, so it's highly likely some of the men did in fact hang onto the stirrups to advance and use the horses and men's legs as cover. Is the fact overexagerated that they all advanced at full gallup with Highlanders hanging on for dear life, I'd bet that didn't happen.

Reegardless, Strelets should make a set of Scots Greys to complete a very famous aspect of the Battle of Waterloo, and also I would hope make a couple of (2) Highlanders that could be plugged into a Grey's horse portraying Highlanders hanging onto the horses, for the simple historical reason both the Greys and Highlanders have official details of this in their records.

That would really be fun having these poses!

P.S. Strelets: I sure wish you would sculpt a few Casualty Figures for the Highlanders also like you did for the ACW Range. Excellent work there!

GarrisonClay
Everything we do with toy figures are fantasy, whether you call it re-inacting, wargaming, making dioramas, collecting or simply make-believe.

The closest thing to actual historical accuracy are the figures Strelets and others make.

That one battle the Scots Greys fought in, Waterloo, is the stuff history is made of. Strelets should make the Scots Greys who faught with and alongside the Highlanders and thereby complete that aspect of the battle which led to the British victory.

The Scots Greys didn\'t charge through or over the Highlanders, they walked through them to avoid trampling their own men, so it\'s highly likely some of the men did in fact hang onto the stirrups to advance and use the horses and men\'s legs as cover. Is the fact overexagerated that they all advanced at full gallup with Highlanders hanging on for dear life, I\'d bet that didn\'t happen.

Reegardless, Strelets should make a set of Scots Greys to complete a very famous aspect of the Battle of Waterloo, and also I would hope make a couple of (2) Highlanders that could be plugged into a Grey\'s horse portraying Highlanders hanging onto the horses, for the simple historical reason both the Greys and Highlanders have official details of this in their records.

That would really be fun having these poses!

P.S. Strelets: I sure wish you would sculpt a few Casualty Figures for the Highlanders also like you did for the ACW Range. Excellent work there!
Sorry you are wrong it is the 1/32 scale lot that play with toy soldiers 1/72 people have historical miniatures LOL

I humbly stand corrected, hang my head in shame, and accept 20 lashes with the cat-o-tails, and beg not to be banished from this historical forum, and exiled to a land of fantasy, for the simple truth is it was a mob of my 1:18 scale Terminators who put a plasma gun to my head and made me say such untruths! I swear! Long live the 1/72nd'ers.

Have a fun weekend :wink:

GarrisonClay
I humbly stand corrected, hang my head in shame, and accept 20 lashes with the cat-o-tails, and beg not to be banished from this historical forum, and exiled to a land of fantasy, for the simple truth is it was a mob of my 1:18 scale Terminators who put a plasma gun to my head and made me say such untruths! I swear! Long live the 1/72nd'ers.

Have a fun weekend :wink:
Hey Garrison, do you have any pics of your Terminator Army? I've been trying to find some info about that Playset Terminator figure line you mentioned on the web and have come up with nothing!

Dear Mark T.

In Brief,
Here's what you need to know:

* The 1:18 3.75" Line was made and released by "Playmates" (sorry, I misquoted elsewhere)
* The Line was released in 2009 with the Terminator 4 movie, Salvation
* There are two (2) Terminators without skin, Silver 3.75" and Black 4.0"

* REVIEW of them, paste link in browser and each inside review; click on all; many pics
* eBay - The only auction I know/bought from for multiple figures in Silver; Black can't find
* If you just want 1 figure, they come in a plastic bubble card display w/weapons

REVIEW: http://www.battlegrip.com/?s=terminator+3.75%22&submit=Search

EBAY: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5Pcs-Set-Terminator-Movie-Action-T-700-3-75-Figure-Auction-Collection-Loose-Toy/263314145195?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

(5 for $30 (w/o package/weapons) is a good price (I've bought from this seller; they deliver)

I can't find the black ones lately and was told not making anymore. Careful, there are also 7" up to 12" and they all look the same, except, the 3.75" have no visible hydrolic lines at the head and shoulders. Bigger ones do.

Good luck!

zirrian
Peninsular British Light and Heavy dragoons are a bit more urgent than yet another Scots Grey set.
These two sets are going to be made by another manufacturer who are currently running crowdfunding, I would rather wait for those than have Strelets duplicating them even though Strelets would make a much better job of making them.

Steve H
zirrian
Peninsular British Light and Heavy dragoons are a bit more urgent than yet another Scots Grey set.
These two sets are going to be made by another manufacturer who are currently running crowdfunding, I would rather wait for those than have Strelets duplicating them even though Strelets would make a much better job of making them.
100$ on those sets never to be made. They are cursed.

Although the main webpage of the maker says the crowdfunding has only reached 7 out 10 a post by the company's admin person has stated on the the dragoons crowdfunding post that they have been approved for manufacture.
This other company has no idea how to keep its customers happy & informed & updates its webpages only about four times a year if that.

Ortwin
with Sergeant Charles Ewart in "Contact" with a french Lancer about the captured Flag of the 45th Regiment?
Ortwin.

Figures for Sgt. Ewart capturing the eagle are available in 1/72 white metal from Waterloo 1815:

http://www.hatitalywaterloo.it/shop/product_info.php?cPath=248&products_id=5735

Click on the picture to enlarge it and go to the next pic to get a decent look at them. Nice figures I think.

I agree with some of the others I want Scots Greys in bearskins without oilskin covers, when a unit has a distinctive uniform feature I like to see it.

For the small numbers I want I can use another set with head swaps but that won't work for you if you want 400. If Strelets aren't interested then you could try lobbying ACTA to make their 1/32 set in 1/72. But Strelets should know that if they made this set and they looked good, I don't think I'd be able to resist buying them, count me in.

The final words in the post above says it all.
"If strelets made them & they looked good I don't think I would be able to resist buying them".
I think most of us would agree with this statement.:laughing:

Graeme
Ortwin
with Sergeant Charles Ewart in \"Contact\" with a french Lancer about the captured Flag of the 45th Regiment?
Ortwin.

Figures for Sgt. Ewart capturing the eagle are available in 1/72 white metal from Waterloo 1815:

http://www.hatitalywaterloo.it/shop/product_info.php?cPath=248&products_id=5735

Click on the picture to enlarge it and go to the next pic to get a decent look at them. Nice figures I think.

I agree with some of the others I want Scots Greys in bearskins without oilskin covers, when a unit has a distinctive uniform feature I like to see it.

For the small numbers I want I can use another set with head swaps but that won\'t work for you if you want 400. If Strelets aren\'t interested then you could try lobbying ACTA to make their 1/32 set in 1/72. But Strelets should know that if they made this set and they looked good, I don\'t think I\'d be able to resist buying them, count me in.
Oh yes, thank you. They are nice! I'll buy them.

And i also thought that something famous should work good, when skilled manufacturers do them.