Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SAS LRDG WW2 Western desert

Alan Buckingham
Dragon make great 1/72 trucks....but no crew! as for jeeps an easy conversion from all the 1/72 jeeps now available. Seated figures would be on my wants list.
My favorite Jeep, as is also the German Staff Car (Kubelwagon) are Quick Builds made by Italeri. If Strelets are being asked to make Drivers, I'd strongly recommend the sculptor use one of these actual models as a guide so the finished men actually fit. I bought sitting WWII figures last year for Half Tracks, Jeeps and Staff Cars, and none fit - all too wide, knees spread, feet too long, vehicles too tight, knees hitting the steering wheels and don't fit under dash-boards. Only the Tank Riders worked - obviously. If you are going to recommend Strelets to invest their time in these, you may want to recommend specific vehicles and poses. I'd love a set of the Rat Patrol with figures in action poses. Not that junk the set comes with. Good idea, but pre-planning would go a long way to guarantee success and not more wasted poses. I'm done buying sitting figures for inside vehicles, unless I could see proof in the pictures of Masters actually sitting in some vehicles. Just saying ...

Another solution is strelets to make two sets: one set for SAS and three jeeps and another set with LRDG and two trucks. It would take time and effort but since caesar made it with kubelwagen, I can't see why strelets couldn't ...

Long Range Patrol later LRDG WW2 Western desert

I would love to see the Long Range Patrol depicted in 1941 and not least because my father served in the LRP and later when it was renamed LRDP in North Africa, Sicily and Italy.
Their main mode of transport was the big Chevrolets. Rarely, if ever, Jeeps: where would they mount the machine-guns?
I'd be happy with just the soldiers; seated or skirmishing.

Yes I would save up my pocket money a buy a FEW!!!! sets

if need truck or jeep sas lrdg or north west europe crews badly try milicast model company they have some resin sets in 1/72 1/76 we all known about resin dear few and hard to work with but if you need them badly it could help you fill a hole

The Milicast figures are 1/76 so on the small side and more to the point NWE and not Western desert , I think there is potential for three sets one LRDG on foot , some poses could be prone on road watch , a vickers team, lewis gunner, plus other infantry poses , no Bren pouches because the LRDG were not issued Bren guns and a mix of rifles (smle`s) and captured Italian sub machine guns (they were not issued stens or Thompson's either) , Set two SAS in Arab head dress armed with Thompson's , Vickers k`s etc and set three , universal crews for jeeps and chevy`s , that pretty much ticks the important boxes and fills what is a big gap in the hobby,particularly for those of us with an interest in all things desert 1940-43.