Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.
First wave of DAK soldiers wore puttees Italian style! It is DAK!
So this is a really tricky one....
- The helmet is more DAK than anything else. But the sign on the front could indicate an Italian pattern, in which case the helmet shape is wrong. I cannot be a British WW1 or WW2 helmet, again the shape is wrong, and they had no sign on the front either.
- The glasses on the helmet are more WW2 than WW1 I think.
- The jacket is not the Italian Sahariana as the pockets were straight. These are pointy, indicating either a British or German pattern.
- The puttees are again tricky. DAK didn't generally wear puttees, exceptions of course always exist. Puttees are usually British or Italian.
- Italians wore very baggy trousers over the puttees. These seem straighter and look more British.
So, in short, I find myself a tad befuddled.... LOL
its great confused could they be light artillery for camel corps look at ammo box shape looks like it goes on a animals back. jacket double vent short could be british tropical cavary issued to gunners.dak or italian would be single vent i think. also puttees done from top to bottom a british mounted. artillery thing
If these excellent looking masters are heralding a repeatedly requested set of Afrika Korps artillery crew, they're greatly anticipated. :+1:
Afaik puttees were rarely seen, but not impossible.
Wouldn't mind artillery & heavy weapons sets for WWII tropical/mediterranean Italians or WWI tropical Commonwealth troops either. :wink:
Thanks for another great friday preview and keep up the good work!