Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HELLO STRELETS - IT´S FRIDAY

DAK.If I’m not mistaken.

looks like ww1 british middle east artillery to me

Celtic warrior
DAK.If I’m not mistaken.
Hell Yeah, German Afrika Korps!

Hi,
I would say Italian gunners for North Africa.
CPN

Hmmm, not DAK because of the putees. British Artillery but the helmet's front isn't in a form of a spear... Italians may be, look at the insignia at the front of the helmet. And what about of the Austrians and Germans in Middle East during WWII ?

WWI indeed.

The puttees are a Brit thing. I can't recall any figures of Afrika Korps DAK wearing them. My best guess would be during the Lawrence of Arabia era. There was a battle in Gaza called "The Haversack Ruse In Gaza". There are photos of Brits in short pants and long, various cork helmets, and both puttees and tall leather gaitors like the horse artillery wore. Plus the goggles on the cork helmet. I can't help but think these Masters go with one of the artillery piece Teaser pictures Strelets has recently shown us.

British or commonwealth WW1 era middle East , Artillery , although the helmets are not quite right, so either a sculpting error or Italian`s 1930`s to early WW 1 , but not quite right for that either, so my money is on the Brits.

Italians I think. They have style - well dressed Italians...:sunglasses:

First wave of DAK soldiers wore puttees Italian style! It is DAK!

So this is a really tricky one....

- The helmet is more DAK than anything else. But the sign on the front could indicate an Italian pattern, in which case the helmet shape is wrong. I cannot be a British WW1 or WW2 helmet, again the shape is wrong, and they had no sign on the front either.
- The glasses on the helmet are more WW2 than WW1 I think.
- The jacket is not the Italian Sahariana as the pockets were straight. These are pointy, indicating either a British or German pattern.
- The puttees are again tricky. DAK didn't generally wear puttees, exceptions of course always exist. Puttees are usually British or Italian.
- Italians wore very baggy trousers over the puttees. These seem straighter and look more British.

So, in short, I find myself a tad befuddled.... LOL

Cheers
Alex

its great confused could they be light artillery for camel corps look at ammo box shape looks like it goes on a animals back. jacket double vent short could be british tropical cavary issued to gunners.dak or italian would be single vent i think. also puttees done from top to bottom a british mounted. artillery thing

Alex
So this is a really tricky one....

- The helmet is more DAK than anything else. But the sign on the front could indicate an Italian pattern, in which case the helmet shape is wrong. I cannot be a British WW1 or WW2 helmet, again the shape is wrong, and they had no sign on the front either.
- The glasses on the helmet are more WW2 than WW1 I think.
- The jacket is not the Italian Sahariana as the pockets were straight. These are pointy, indicating either a British or German pattern.
- The puttees are again tricky. DAK didn\'t generally wear puttees, exceptions of course always exist. Puttees are usually British or Italian.
- Italians wore very baggy trousers over the puttees. These seem straighter and look more British.

So, in short, I find myself a tad befuddled.... LOL

Cheers
Alex
Lok at this: Afrika Korps

https://www.pinterest.at/pin/492933121695170612/

Puttees ( Left Machine Gunner)!

Typical jacket with four poclets - two above and two beyond the belt.

These are Afrika Korps!

If these excellent looking masters are heralding a repeatedly requested set of Afrika Korps artillery crew, they're greatly anticipated. :+1:

Afaik puttees were rarely seen, but not impossible.

Wouldn't mind artillery & heavy weapons sets for WWII tropical/mediterranean Italians or WWI tropical Commonwealth troops either. :wink:

Thanks for another great friday preview and keep up the good work!