Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brand-new ACW masters for Union firing line are up

Not my period at all but just looking at the sculpting there's some very nice anatomatical proportions on show but on the other hand a hint in several figures of the return of the bow-legged, rickety stances that marred many of the older sets.

On the subject of fixed bayonets on the firing line: it was common enough for units to fix bayonets, move forward and engage successfully, and then find themselves functioning as the new firing line. They did not then unfix bayonets before firing. This happened more than once with Federal regiments at the Angle during Pickett's Charge (and I'm imagining the Union firing line as intended to be receiving that charge). So either fixed or unfixed bayonets could be fine for a firing line at Gettysburg.

I also think the frock coats make them look a bit odd, I will buy some sets nevertheless because of the reloading poses, hard to find good reloaders in other sets.

Fantastic group!

Joining in the 'hurrah'. Lovely figures and beaut variety, as ever from Strelets!

Great figures.
I will need a couple of boxes,I am already visualizing that firing line.(And a green flag too of course.)