Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Please join action, if you likes Airfix 1/32 figures scaledown to 1/72

And their "modern" German infantry with the G3 rifles. Their Seventh Cavalry/Plains Indians were also superb. I'd buy loads. :+1:

They would have to still have the original masters and own the rights to them - like you say it is almost impossible. Perversely, your best hope - as mentioned above - is that someone pirates them...

Yes their WW2 Brits would be nice and I would buy the space warriors. Sadly as Airfix have made less than 5 new 1/72 sets in the last 30 ??? years I like many will not be holding my breath waiting for them. Only real hope is that somebody like Mr Strelets buys the copyright and makes them. Another thought maybe we could crowd fund the cash to buy the copyrights. Do you have any thoughts about this Mr Strelets.

P.S. I am old and easy to upset and really ******* off that Strelets is mark as mis-spelt on the forum.

I would love to see scaled down versions of the 1/32 Airfix WW2 British Infantry, paratroopers and commandos, as well as the WW2 Russian set. Their 1/32 Napoleonic French and British line infantry sets would also be good to see in 1/72.
Alan, I know what you mean, I once came across some knock off 1/72 copies of the 1/32 WW2 Russians in a dollar store, though for some reason I didn't buy them at the time and could never find them again. My ex-wife used to wonder why I always wanted to go in to a dollar store every time we came across one.

Airfix did scale down their Commando`s , the mould has been lost but they come up on ebay regularly, as do Airfix`s Russians and Japs,copies, although both are nearer 28mm than 1/72 ,they are as close as you can get now.

I'd love to see this happen but Airfix seems to have gotten out of the figure market entirely. I do wholeheartedly support this cause, however it seems unlikely.

I also have an impossible Airfix dream: To get the character figures from the old "High Chapparal" 1/72 western set done in 1/32.

My fantasy is that all the major manufacturers of 1/32 figures would scale there figures down.Conte,Barzo,CTS,TSSD,and all the others.

I agree with you friends but considering my work speed I won't be able to start painting this figures before 2125.

Regards Patrice

Pat Sheuck
I agree with you friends but considering my work speed I won't be able to start painting this figures before 2125.

Regards Patrice
As soon as that I am hoping to have all of mine based and primed by then.

It was always puzzling to me how Airfix managed to replicate great 1/32 scale sets like the Aussie infantry in the smaller scale but were happy to release really crappy sets like the Japanese,Russian and the absolute garbage Brit paratroopers.
I don’t think that Airfix currently have any interest in the market for figures,which is a shame.Personally it was Airfix that started me in this hobby and I will always be grateful for that.
The market for figures may not be profitable enough,I don’tknow But the kids of today will never know the simple pleasures of toy soldiers like we did.