Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good Friday

Have to agree with Pa on this.
Provided that the long item at the top left really represents a recoil mechanism, the carriage & breech indicate a WWI or even earlier gun while wheels & shield suggest a later or modernized piece.

Tried to identify the previewed gun by comparing it with common types of the topics Strelets is working at.
But couldn‘t find any matches neither with austrian, ottoman (german), serbian (french), commonwealth or russian WWI artillery, nor with WWII japanese or commonwealth/allied ordnance.
For ACW, other early “modern“ wars or “colonial“ skirmishes it seems really unsuitable imho.

So, indeed an interesting & challenging preview this time. :smile:

Anyway, thanks for another great friday! :+1:

Will be exciting to see if someone can figure this out.

Type 96 15cm Howitzer WW2 Japanese ,I think.........and Bravo another I will be buying and long over due, cant wait to see the crew.

Ha-ha I'm not so stupid in artillery, but you catch me, give up. Anyway highly appreciate trans for 20th century artillery. What is it guys!!??

Type 96 15cm Howitzer WW2 Japanese seems like a good guess to me.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
https://bunkermeister.blogspot.com/

105/28 howitzer

Happy Easter everyone,

My guess is for the 105/28 howitzer.

"The 105/28 howitzer was a World War One vintage gun of French design (Canon de 105 mle 1913 Schneider or L13 S); originally starting life as a design on the drafting board of the Russian Putilov Armaments factory. It proved a popular design and was exported to various countries, Italy among them.
It remained a common weapon during World War Two and continued in Italian service until 1943 seeing action on both the African and Russian fronts."

Cheers
CPN

Re: 105/28 howitzer

I wish it was the 105mm Schneider or one of its derivatives. But I never came across wheels looking like the ones in the image. :question:

The Type 96 15 cm howitzer had a split trail but the Strelets photo seems to show rather a box trail. :exclamation:

Happy holidays everone!

Re: 105/28 howitzer

Schnieder seems good but I am stuck for the scale as the barrel looks too slim. Some 75s had similar wheels.
how about this F of W for a near match 105/28

Re Strelets please tell us, I am very curious now so many of us are puzzled ?

please let us in on the secret ? what gun is it ?