Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday

I hope it may be the polish artillery piece but I would have thought the would use French cannon but then it does have a bit of a French look to it.
This is the set I am waiting most for I really need some artillery for my polish army pretty please Strelets.:fearful:

Hi,
Sorry but this can not be a Nap. Era gun.
I also wish nap artillery but i really think this is an ACW gun.
The good point is that the gun carriage is the same for all field guns. So STRELETS just has to provide different gun tubes and done for ACW ARTY.clever smart and much wanted.
Cheers.
CPN

Yes Id say its a whitworth, a bit rare gun not used that much but good Strelets are making ACW artillery. Hope to see new gun crews.

I would guess a whitworth as well, I really like the addition of the elevating screw a first for plastic gun models

Not very literate on overall ACW weaponry at all, the previewed kit seems indeed to relate to the 12 pdr. Whitworth breechloading rifle repeatedly specified here.
A rather unusual type, but nevertheless a worthwhile & highly welcomed premiere in 1/72 plastic. :+1:
Guess the kits will be accompanied by an authentic number of CSA crew?

Extremely satisfying to see the steady in-depth expansion of the different periods Strelets is working at. :+1: :smile:

Thanks for this great friday preview and keep up the good work!

Ah the Whitworth, I forgot about that, thanks gents.

I concur absolutely. There is a dearth of ordnance for ACW. That one Italeri set that did it quite well is now rare as me chook's teeth!

I really hope Strelets makes those big coastal guns, if they do I'm gonna start on my 54th MA Fort Wagner diorama! Personally I feel there's a big market for mortars and coastal batteries, I'd buy tons of them! Here's some inspiration Strelets!

Traveller
I really hope Strelets makes those big coastal guns, if they do I'm gonna start on my 54th MA Fort Wagner diorama! Personally I feel there's a big market for mortars and coastal batteries, I'd buy tons of them! Here's some inspiration Strelets!

I agree with Traveller - I'm really hoping some big Coastal Defense Guns like in his photo will be made, and both CSA and USA Artillery Gun Crews, please!

Not that much into ACW, but as long as these heavies could serve in other conflicts (1864 2nd Schleswig War, 1870/71 FPW, 1900 Boxer War, 1914) I might be tempted!

The field gun looks like a good basis for conversions too.

This indeed looks like a Whitworth. Would hope for other barrels. From what I can tell the carriage and wheels are copies from the Accurate set. These don't look like new sculpts and as such these come with the same inaccuracies. These lack both the trail handles and the prolonge (rope). To have the rope modeled would be far better than the poor representations for hooks. It looks like there is an elevation screw added but not sure where that attaches as there is no position hole for this to attach to. The wheels are also only 12 spoked when they should have 14 spokes. There is a recent post of a colonial carriage
http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1062105&cmd=show
and the wheels on this have 14 spokes. Maybe a wheel substitution required here. The call has been for a more accurate ACW artillery set. Copying what the other manufacturers have done won't get you there. Please, please make the effort to correct these things and give use what we've been looking for. Thanks.

Like the idea of looking at medium pieces. Still would like to see the WW1/2 British 60pdr but an 18th/19th century piece would go down well .

One of Wellingtons 18pdrs for the Peninsular war would be interesting project.