Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Napoleonic Austrian line infantry

Brian - I thought it was funny - maybe it didn't translate well.

But yes, Austrians are needed, and Strelets latest sculpting style is working really well for me so I look forward to being able to buy these Austrians

I thought it was funny too, as I took it to be referring to the Austrians constantly getting whipped by Napoleon only to rise up and fight again. Chutzpah! I would love to see new sets, if only to compliment and/or replace what is already out there.

Marc, I agree with you, it might not have translated well, or again vernacular is different in different languages and nations. Even in different regions.

To be honest this has blown up out of all proportion I think it was just comment hoping that Strelets might release some Austrians against the odds.
It would have been great if as many people replying to the comment had replied backing the Austrian infantry sets for production as well.

As already mentioned, any Strelets range regarding the major napoleonic belligerents (France, Austria-Hungary, Russia & Prussia) will definitely have my full support.
Strelets shouldn‘t shy away from subjects other manufacturers have announced or already dealt with. They have convincingly demonstrated their dedication to our hobby as well as their massively improved abilities.
In this specific case Strelets should therefore ignore the pitiful Hät announcements. The current Strelets standards are far superior compared to those overpriced rubber-blobs. :smile:

A quick comparison.

Advantages of Strelets sets:
- consistently good numbers of figures per box (40—50 in classic infantry & “Mini“ infantry sets)
- great number of poses per box (20+ in classic infantry sets, at least 12 in “Mini“ infantry sets)
- good sculpting and detail
- authentic & lively poses
- excellent price-performance & price per figure ratio
- good availability at online stores & local hobby shops
- appropriate & editable plastic
- interisting & original subjects efficiently executed

“Advantages“ of Hät sets:
- fancy box art

@ sansovino
I also think you maybe misinterpreted Brian‘s comment. The way I read it, he is fully supporting the possibility of Strelets creating some nap. austro-hungarians. :+1:

Finally, I truly hope this isn‘t all too shocking news, only a tiny minority at this & similar forums are native english speakers.
Since english isn’t the first language of the majority of readers here (and elsewhere in the www.), the respective native speakers could possibly show some forbearance with us unfortunate savages?

Steve
I would certainly welcome marching or advancing Austrians and Hungarians whether for late or early Napoleonic period.
Cheers

Obviously I have misinterpreted the year of underdog-sentence. So I would like to excuse me.

I am still doubtful that Strelets should produce a new Napoleonic Austrian range. I am missing more urgent russians in summer uniforms for the campaigns of 1812-13 than austrians. We don´t have line infantry and Jaeger for it. And these figures will suit quite well to the existing line of Strelets russians.

If it was up to me, Strelets would create a number of line infantry sets for both belligerents. :laughing: