Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M093 German Army in Stalingrad - painted (mixed w/Caesar of same Title)

Tom
Now I have painted a sprue from Strelets with Germans in Stalingrad.
There is also a picture with a comparison of Strelets vs. Caesar Miniatures.

Hope you enjoy!

Link Pictures

Dear Young Warriors (Strelets Team and Tom),

Thank you, Tom, for posting your great hobby work! And thank you, Strelets for letting him post here.

Small world (what a coincidence), I just ordered Strelets set (2 Boxes from the U.K. / I'm a Yankee in the U.S.), and am still waiting for them. I bought them especially for the Officer pose with Cap. 8 Officers from 2 boxes - Bingo!

But Tom's great work shows us how well Strelets set will comingle with the Caesar set. Both fine, fine sets worthy of buying - even from overseas.

Again, "Thank You!" Young Warriors (Strelets Team and Tom) :-)

Re: M093 German Army in Stalingrad - painted

Dear Strelets Team,

Consistent with the above, may I recommend, or request that you make a "Dedicated Set of German Officers." Surprisingly, there is only one (very poor set from Caes..), and Airfix has only 1 excellent pose per box, and basically, that's all. P.S. I don't like the toyish look of the Matchbox Officers.

Thank you! - GC

Odemars / Ykreol made a set of German officers that I like. They are high ranking generals.

They also do one for WWII French generals. All the officers are listed by name.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8OgMB7Y5qS4/UiqVK080u1I/AAAAAAAAWGM/Zuj2MpKNu8w/s1600/YK20grappe.jpg

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
https://bunkermeister.blogspot.com/

Hi Garrison and others....you got German Oficers with peaked caps in several Zvezda sets...anyway I agree, Strelets could do something else respect the german army....
When a set of late war infantry with M43 caps? ...even Caesar forget it!!!

Spanish Erik
Hi Garrison and others....you got German Oficers with peaked caps in several Zvezda sets...anyway I agree, Strelets could do something else respect the german army....
When a set of late war infantry with M43 caps? ...even Caesar forget it!!!
Yes the Stalingrad set (and the police battalion) from Strelet were excellent - not the perfectly dressed soldiers that you usually get. Considering that the police battalions were an essential in Third Reich thinking Strelet were right to produce this set.

I would rather have Strelet carrying on their policy of being adventurous rather than going down the Third Reich line. While not into Napoleonic and ACW I think the current output is outstanding.

As Kaiser miniatures specializes in producing third reich subjects why not write to them and put forward your idea? Considering their latest effort is yet another set of German tank riders they may need some new ideas!

Hi Garrison,
There was an online company called Sgt. Major miniatures that did a General George Patton, General McArthur and Kurt Meyer( why,I don't know?) and some lovely pin-up girls. Sadly this company is no longer in business and is up for sale. This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.sgmm.biz/GUTS-General-Patton_p_105.html

Paul K.

Pretty good paint job and very useful comparison. Thanks for sharing, Tom. :+1:

Yes, the portrayed Strelets set is particularly authentic, extremely useful and very well executed.
It combines effectively with other early/mid war winter figures, which are few & mainly made by Caesar (particularly H069 “Greatcoats“, HB09 “Stalingrad“ & H079 “tank riders“) but also with late war ones (H005 “Winter“, H083 “Smocks“ and the more diversely arranged Revell & Italeri sets).

As for a dedicated german command set, Toxso previewed some superb figures in that respect once.
Unfortunately, the company was closed down before it could release this and other promising subjects.
However, there are several indications implying that Riich, another chinese manufacturer, has acquired the former Toxso range.
Time will tell if the excellently looking figures have made it into Riichs stock.
The former Toxso figures demonstrated great resemblance to Caesar sculpts btw. :smiley:

I hope it is still permitted to express interest in essential WWII subjects without triggering entirely inappropriate & absurd debates again and again? :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Dear PeterTheGreat,

So far I have found (with great difficulty) Strelets "Stalingrad" and "Police" sets (2 boxes each). But had to go to the U.K. to find the Stalingrad set. However I really like Strelets 4-Sprew boxes so that gives me 2x4=8 Officers each style.

As mentioned in this thread, Odemars did make some great Famous Offices sets, but the only ones I can find on eBay are $20 for 1 sprew.

Caesar's WWII German line, just like Strelets coverage of the Crimean War and now ACW et als are all awesome. Caesar has given us the complete range, and Strelets sets perfectly complement them in size, color unique poses and usefulness. I recall comments on how many sets Caesar needed to put out? Well, just this many! I've got all and have discovered they did a very complete range covering early, mid and late war uniforms and accoutrements. Boots, belts, uniforms, weapons; they all are accurate and appropriate. I'm an early war fan with the tall boots. Ever since the T.V. show "Combat" in the 1960's I've wanted to have a 1/72 WWII collection. And now I do thank you Strelets and Caesar.

Closing comments:

Has anyone noticed that Caesar's sculpts are in many sets copies of the Tamiya larger sets? Just check out Tamiya's box art on Google Images. All the poses, whether copies or original, are all tastefully posed. Still I hope they make many more new sets.

Strelets, I'd love to see you make a set of German Officers, especially in Peaked Cap, in battlefield fighting action poses. Existing sets simply have too many looking through binoculars and pointing to the right and standing around poses. We also need more mid-level Sgt. poses for the battlefields, too!

Thank you PTG - GC "Over-and-out"