Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Released/Discontinued sets

It might be confusing to new folks in the hobby to go thru Strelets
online catalog thinking all the figures denoted as 'released' are still
in production where in alot of cases they have been discontinued for a
year or more. Should those not be marked (after a year or so) 'discontinued'
rather than released? I had asked about the Russian Mo11 and the response
was more or less why would they want to go back and do Russians again.

Re: Released/Discontinued sets

Yeah I agree. I saw the Medieval Britain set and really wanted it but quickly realised it was out of production and unavailable anywhere.

Yes it seems all of the companys do this. As the main cost is making and designing the figures surely this is a loss of revenue for them. Or are the molds worn out and so no longer usable. A possibility would to take orders for the old sets and then produce them when ordered sets were large enough to be profitable. But the Winter War Finns need to be re-mastered in Strelets new style.

johnny
Yes it seems all of the companys do this. As the main cost is making and designing the figures surely this is a loss of revenue for them. Or are the molds worn out and so no longer usable. A possibility would to take orders for the old sets and then produce them when ordered sets were large enough to be profitable. But the Winter War Finns need to be re-mastered in Strelets new style.
I too would appreciate re-releases of "discontinued" sets especially the boer war line...so could Strelets do a crowd-funding campaign to (re)produce certain discontinued sets? This way when they have the min sales upfront (was it 10,000 units?) they could go ahead and produce...and if this strategy stimulates development and production of additional lines/sets I would be on board (since I now end up buying most of the new releases anyway at some point)...

In answer to Baratheon as they have/or should have the master figures the cost and the number of sales needed should be a fraction of 10,000.