Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where is my eyecandy ?????? ITS FRIDAY

Looks very much like a regimental 75mm gun. Something much needed for any Japanese infantry regiment. Excellent news!

Kudos to Strelets for adding to the range. Please continue to make the Japanese figures no taller than 22,5 mm, and if doing artillery crews, please make them actually touch their guns. Thank you.

Yeah i do agree, figures MUST touch the gun but......also please make some in shirts and/or bareheaded since in the Pacific it was common not to dress in full kit :wink:

First of all, I have no sympathy for the plainly brash imperious attitude recently demonstrated here.
Strelets is certainly not compelled to deliver their craftsmanship on curt demand.
:expressionless: :wink:

Regarding the shown artillery piece, I agree with the earlier presumptions.
It is most probably the japanese Type 41 75mm mountain gun.
An excellent choice, since it was one of the IJA‘s most widely used guns during 2nd Sino-Japanese War and WWII (& from 1908 to 1945 in general).
Originally being a license-built copy of the Krupp M08 mountain gun, it served many years in its intended role and became the standard regimental gun from 1934 on.
Nearly 4000 pieces were built.

In real life, the gun had a crew of 13 men.
Hope that Strelets will manage to give us as many gunners as possible! :grinning:

And yes, unlike some other manufacturers policies, I rely on Strelets to provide an appropriate number of figures actually operating the gun. :+1:

My admittedly great anticipation aside, I have to note that I still think it would be way better if Strelets would produce their artillery pieces in hard plastic in the future.
Superior detail and accuracy of fit.
Otherwise I‘m already happy with the generally authentic & useful figures.

Thanks for sharing the progress on this essential kit and keep up the good work! :+1:

PeterTheGreat
First of all, I have no sympathy for the plainly brash imperious attitude recently demonstrated here.
Strelets is certainly not compelled to deliver their craftsmanship on curt demand.
:expressionless: :wink:

Regarding the shown artillery piece, I agree with the earlier presumptions.
It is most probably the japanese Type 41 75mm mountain gun.
An excellent choice, since it was one of the IJA‘s most widely used guns during 2nd Sino-Japanese War and WWII (& from 1908 to 1945 in general).
Originally being a license-built copy of the Krupp M08 mountain gun, it served many years in its intended role and became the standard regimental gun from 1934 on.
Nearly 4000 pieces were built.

In real life, the gun had a crew of 13 men.
Hope that Strelets will manage to give us as many gunners as possible! :grinning:

And yes, unlike some other manufacturers policies, I rely on Strelets to provide an appropriate number of figures actually operating the gun. :+1:

My admittedly great anticipation aside, I have to note that I still think it would be way better if Strelets would produce their artillery pieces in hard plastic in the future.
Superior detail and accuracy of fit.
Otherwise I‘m already happy with the generally authentic & useful figures.

Thanks for sharing the progress on this essential kit and keep up the good work! :+1:
I agree. And it does look (from the photo in the other thread), that the upcoming Austro-Hungarian mortar/morser is (going to be) made in hard plastic?