Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: (Linear-A) - Varus give me back my legions Set 1 (Germanic)

tom s
i like these,they remind me of strelets figures.
Yes, I thought the same...what is the difference between 'Linear-A' and 'Linear-B' lines...and are one or both made by Strelets but sold or marketed under a different name/company? I noticed that Strelets website list some sets "exclusive to Linear-B"...

sculpting good, but mould is not. Unlike first set, Folk of Judea is good in sculpting and mould. Hopefully the Hannibal will be same quality as Folk of Judea. btw the Germanic Commands is missing, in set II ? just personal view, not means to critic. Less and less 1/72 plastic maker now, I salute Linear-a and Others still making new miniatures, and Strelets-R is amazing to keep on soo many productions.

No no... Linear-A has nothing to do with Srelets :-)

Tom
No no... Linear-A has nothing to do with Srelets :-)
I thought that Linear B was an offshoot of Strelets, at least historically, then someone bought Linear B, and turned it into Linear A... at least that was my impression...?

Linear-A spelled out the difference between Linear-A and Linear-B on their website, I can't find it now but as far as I remeber it went something along the lines of Linear-B figures were produced in The Ukraine using traditional production methods. Linear-A is a new line of figures produced in China using 3d printed masters (I think). They also said the new figures would be a match in quality with Zvezda, you can make up your own mind about that. Basically the same company just different production methods.

Regarding the listing of Linear-B sets on Strelets site. Sometimes when a new company starts up, they get an established company to give them some help with production or distribution or whatever.
Maybe Strelets provided some service for Linear-B until they got established.

Linear-B and -A have the same german sculptor and producer from Bavaria. Linear-B was produced in cooperation with Strelets. The cooperation was dissolved two years ago and the name was changed in Linear-A, an absolute independent line.

And their figures aren´t 3-D-models! They are sculpted traditionally by hand - look the link: www.linear-a.de and then the button new masters figures. The are planning two other sets: Hannibal in the Alps and antique Silkroad-Figures

A shame that the Hannibal set seems so far into the future, progress is only 5/10 :cry:

Painted miniatures from "Varus give me back my legions Set 1"

Here are the link to the painted results

Blog Post

NOW available "Varus give me back my legions Set 1"

This fantastic set is now available in the the shop of Linear-A.