Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Open Question about Bonus Streltsi Figure Uses, Anyone Please?

I've finally collected enough to form a small Muscovite army to fight against my Poles (Winged hussars, etc) using Pikeman's Lament

I now plan to add some Soldatski by converting more Strelets into pike/shot regiments.

Cavalry are from Zvezda Russian Nobles cavalry and cossacks

Re: Open Question about Bonus Streltsi Figure Uses, Anyone Please?

GC,

Agree with the others. Additionally, you could try

Redbox Russian War Monks/Artillery (defend the Monastery or town or attach some to an army)
Redbox and Mars Polish/tartar/Cossack/Turkish foot cavalry and artillery (mostly poor sets)
Strelets Napoleonic sledges and the tartars with bows
Zvezda Cossacks and Russian Cavalry
Look at various medieval sets for suitable peasants.

I like the two Osprey books on Russian fortifications - range from simple wooden structures to grand defences. Zvezda do a Russian wooden fort (either alone or as a small town ramparts) though you could also use stone or brick forts. Plenty of Russian/Ukrainian buildings in 1/72 and 1/144. Add an Orthodox church.

I use the above for 'cossack'/'peasant' revolts up to 19c. Read Pushkin's The Captain's Daughter or the Pugachev Revolt for further ideas.

Have a great day, FPR

"Thank You, Everyone" for answering "Open Question about Bonus Streltsi Figure Uses, Anyone Pleas

Thank you, gentlemen! I appreciate all the advice and excellent pictures. Great work and help all around. OK, keep having fun! - GC