Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friday News

Re: Friday News

"morituri te salutant"

Looks like a comrade-in-arms for Spartacus Army?

Thanks for another pleasing friday preview! :+1:

Great looking figure But not a Winter War Finn

Fantastic! He'll look great in Spartacus' attacking line!

Wow, he looks handsome, hopefully a she among the them. what colour to perfect the Sprue ?

LILILALA
Wow, he looks handsome, hopefully a she among the them. what colour to perfect the Sprue ?
Whatever color you paint him to.

VERY nice!!

Excellent execution. More foes for those pesky Romans!

Beautiful! I will buy hordes of them. Will these be ready for the Spring release?

'Strelets Friday' is back!

I am really looking forward to these two (?) sets of Spartacans in the near future, along with the Napoleonics of which you have already provided us with a sneak peak!

Thank you.

James

Great looking figure I will be buying a few sets of these to build my Spartacus army I think the market could stand another set or two Spartacus figures Spartacus on the march anybody.:wink:

Love these, it seems the best that comes from Strelets are in the ancient line, the auxiliary marching and ranks were outstanding. Gonna pit them against Spartacus, even if it may not be historically accurate. I hope Strelets include some women in the bunch, if only to match the lone female warrior in Esci´s old barbarian set!

Traveller
Love these, it seems the best that comes from Strelets are in the ancient line, the auxiliary marching and ranks were outstanding. Gonna pit them against Spartacus, even if it may not be historically accurate. I hope Strelets include some women in the bunch, if only to match the lone female warrior in Esci´s old barbarian set!
Being historically accurate doesn't seem to bother the BBC and others these days as long as "diversity" satisfies the wave of feminism sweeping across the UK and US at the moment.

With that said; the female warriors should be at least half of the Strelets Spartacus Army set, be in leadership roles, and receive the same pay as the men...and by the way, I don't see why Spartacus can't be portrayed as female (never stopped the BBC with Dr Who)...:wink:

Being historically accurate doesn't seem to bother the BBC and others these days

Ah, but to be fair, when has it ever in any culture across time? Artists, authors and playwrights have always depicted past times with current imagery and themes often with allegorical meanings. Renaissance artists painted ancient warriors wearing Renaissance armour. Across the world centuries earlier, Japanese story-tellers and authors created the mythical (or at least semi-mythical) female samurai Tomoe Gozen as a character in the "Heike Monogatari" war chronicle of the 12th century Genpei War.

Documentaries are one thing but story-telling has always been a mirror of the times.