Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Napoleonic British infantry

For me, with battalions smaller than a box of figures, finding sufficient command figures is a challenge.

I'd bought boxes of the Italeri 1815 British infantry set:
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1188

I'd even painted some before I decided they were too hefty & consigned them all to the Bits Box.

However, the numerous officers & drummers from these boxes surprisingly fit the new Strelets' BBritish Line infantry well. Scratch build a few ensigns & I can turn out several, fully manned battalions per Strelets' box.

The Scots are a little more difficult but my venerable Airfix Highlanders had long been given metal command figures who can now command Strelets' Highlanders.

donald

Re: Napoleonic British infantry

A shame there is only one colour per box of British line and Highland infantry, I don't know of many wargamers or modellers who have 90 figures per battalion. I would have preferred two ensigns and one pioneer. Also the Prussian line are a disappointment with their haversack on the right. Almost as bad as the Waterloo 1815 set with the cartridge box on the left. Must try harder.