Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PSR Review of Arab Revolt Foot Rebels

I suspect it's a stylistic preference as there will always be an element of the subjective in the ratings.

PSR would seem to prefer the sculpting style to be as close to human proportions and natural poses as possible as well items of equipment in true scale. Others prefer some exaggeration of certain features such as heads, hands and weapons so that they stand out on these small figures, as well as making painting easier. Those who buy most ranges of metal figures would seem to belong to this group and Strelets figures often mix well alongside them.

SteveO, exactly! I have also a whole range of 28mm metal FIW figures which I love to bits.

PS
And to be clear, PSR is still my go to page for years now and will always be. No matter the occasional differences in opinion on aesthetics :eyes:

PSR is a great resource for what is new on the market, what the new product looks like (saved me a ton of money over the years), and how each set compares with others out there. The reviews can be enlightening and if I disagree with this or that detail - remember, a review is an opinion and I have my hat off to the amount of information that backs PSR's opinions (even when I disagree).

By now, anyone who has followed PSR knows their preferences and peeves. For instance, we KNOW a combined set of different types of units will be docked points for pose quantity. We KNOW certain companies' styles of sculpting are going to get slammed. But if WE the buyer like them - who cares?

As Confucius said, "One picture is worth a thousand words." And here is where PSR does a great service. True, one can peruse the various sites and get pix of new sets - but we all know we can find about every plastic 1/72 set out there sooner than later on PSR. Even better, we can get a comparison of said figures with similar figures on the market.

So what if PSR doesn't like this set? I can look at the pix, see what kind of plastic, look at the size comparison and decide for myself if I want to fork over my hard earned money to buy it. As for comments? They have been helpful and the amount of research that goes into each is impressive. But one could leave the reviews alone (and be poorer for it, I think) and still find PSR and invaluable resource for the hobby. JMO

Also, for what it's worth, personal attacks and sniping at other manufacturers just cheapens the conversation for me. I don't get it. I don't think either side is helped by folks constantly attacking each other. Personally, I'm a big HaT fan, but I have just bought a ton of the recent Strelets releases and am looking forward to combining both companies' figures. I wish both (ALL of them - Red Box, Mars, Airfix...) companies the best of success as when they are booming - we the consumer are the real winners, even as our bank accounts suffer.

Cheers to all!