Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Usage of new sets

Haller's Polish Blue Army also fought in the Polish-Ukrainian War 1918-1919 so Strelets might like to make some Ukrainian nationalist forces too :smiley:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Army_(Poland)

Colin D.
1). With regards to the new Serbian Infantry in Winter Uniform, if using them as late war troops would they have still been fighting the Austro-Hungarians or were they mainly fighting German and Bulgarian forces? I would like to use these against the previous Strelets sets of Austrians.

Colin,
as PSR already mentioned, most of Strelets new Serbs can be used for early war as well.
Adrian helmets and/or late war weaponry limits a few figures to the second half of the war though.

So, their obvious 1/72 opponents for 1914-16 are:
Austria-Hungary (Strelets & Hät sets)
Germany (Zvezda & Hät early war sets)
Bulgaria (?)

1916-18:
Germany (Revell, Emhar, Caesar & Strelets late war sets)
Bulgaria (?)

Unfortunately, my sources on k. u. k. troop contingents for Makedonische Front are rather sparse for the second half of the war.
For the final & eventually successful Franco-Serbian offensive you surely need Bulgarians though, since they provided the majority of Central Power forces by far then. In the entire macedonian theatre only 30.000 out of 626.000 CP-troops were Germans at that time.

As one can see, the Serbians are not without adversaries in 1/72. But why not ask Strelets for more & better WWI Balkan Theatre sets!? :wink:
They already confirmed a further interest into this specific WWI-branch.
http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1061425&cmd=show

Strelets recent quality standards provided, I would fully support:
- early Serbian infantry in "summer" dress
- Serbian artillery crews "summer"
- Austrian infantry "summer"
- Bulgarian infantry "summer"
- Bulgarian artillery crews "summer"
... :grinning:

Thank you Peter, much obliged! WW1 Bulgarians would indeed be welcome. It strikes me how we've certainly come a long way from the old days when there were only six sets available for the Great War.