Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets Serbs in winter uniform, question ?

I think the box art is deliberately vague or non committal :wink:

The box art doesn`t help us at all unfortunately. I`ve got a box already primed up waiting to be painted but am still pondering exactly how. Certainly some poses can be painted up as early war figures in the Serbian green-grey greatcoat but later war figures such as those in Adrian helmets should have French or British uniforms although some apparently had Russian uniforms too. The French uniforms can also be Khaki at least for troops in 1918.

Hoping Strelets will make for sets of WW1 Serbs including Heavy Weapons teams and early war figures

Alan Buckingham
I think the box art is deliberately vague or non committal :wink:
You are right there, Alan; but if I was to paint them I would go with the French model as they used the uniform and the Adrian helmets put me in that direction. But I guess they're trying to give us the "freedom" to decide how we want to paint them to our needs. I know when I started painting my guys I was a slave to the box art and guides until I discovered too often said art was wrong.

Since their wearing capotes/great coats, most likely Khaki/Mustard or Horizon Blue/light blue to light Grey different units may have been dressed differently, underneath they may be wearing British uniforms (breeches and jackets) but these of course are hardly visible, equipment should be leather brown...

What dates these is the helmets mostly so late war for Serbs, rifles appear to be Lebels but were kept for the French Metropolitan Units, the officers cap looks more French should be more like the infantry cap but with a very small downward pointing peak, not all officers wore them... The Traditional shoes are quite simple to make so could have been produced by the troops themselves, which wouldn't make them out of place...

:wink:

Thanks Ironsides, that is how I started to paint them last night, based exactly on that logic.:+1: