Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Masters for new Old Guard at Attention

Yes they look a great set & even better a set that could be painted quite easily & quickly I do like sets in greatcoats for that reason. It looks by the pictures posted a week or so ago that the polish artillery could be so attired as well.Could we have some more greatcoat sets please Strelets. :grin:

Completely agree, they look great, just right for the "final farewell" at Fontainebleau

More good news here! :+1:

12 poses old guard at attention plus 5 poses very nice & appropriate command figures.
Impressive to watch how easily Strelets surpasses rivalling offerings on quality- and quantity-level.
Assuming that we quite likely can expect marching & advancing/attacking sets as well, its safe to say that this range will be a big success for Strelets

Hope they will largely match the older Revell figures, which are still very useful.

Dear Strelets
Thumbsup to Brit/Scots SAM sets Guard(good figures & yes the headgear for these sets is nicely sculpted).
From what has been shown of the Prussian Landwehr - this looks like the start of something promising.
As for the Prussian Infantry - I very much look forward to seeing more images in the future (Strelets you already know how I feel about their oilskin covered headgear height).
In regards to the French Guard set, it is always good to see something new to be added to the Napoleonic range in 1/72 scale.
However I do have a few reservations for this set:
* There seems to be a lack of uniformity in the headgear size across the figures presented for this set. In terms of the headgear height, I wished the bearskin were slightly taller and full in size , as expressed in an earlier post it would be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Headgear of similar sculpting quality & proportion in size as Brits/Scots SAM sets in terms to their respective figures for future Napoleonic sets pretty please
** Is that a regulation sized drum kit? (or ESCI/Italeri regulation)
*** Some figures look slightly slim, similar to some of the Polish set figures (perhaps the same sculptor used here). Though it might be the dark image playing with the viewing.
**** Nice Napoleon figure - but Napoleons height in comparison to the French Guard ? (yes I know of the mythology behind Napoleons height) . Note to self use a 'lower base' for Napoleon - murmurs & cries I here 'lower base...!' but how can that be he is the EMPEROR.....off with this citizens head, madame guillotine sharpen your blade & prepare to wield, your services are required....
As I am a gentleman I prefer the honour of a duel
Pistols at dawn citizen...? Transformar Gun Ouch ....................Smiley Shot ...................
No I prefer swordplay at noon (after lunch & tea...)Barbeque Sipping Tea

Cheers to future Napoleonic sets that are yet to be considered, whether rudimentary drawings drafted upon the drawing board or a figment of the minds eye & imagination. Warning Napoleonic wave ahead

Best regards
Libero