Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Headgear, concerns, questions etc .....

Hi Strelets

The following are a matter of concern, if I may cast a critical eye and ask the question:
What is happening to the size of the Napoleonic figures headgear ?
This is in reference to the French Guards & the Prussian Infantryman on the March.
(Please note the following is only an expressed opinion and perspective of an individual , nothing more).

French Guards: I feel the bearskins need to be slightly more full in size (in circumference) and slightly more taller in height. Currently the headgear looks a little small upon your finely sculpted figures. ZVEZDA French Guards are good examples for headgear for their particular figures. (mentioned in a prior post).

Prussian Infantry Marching: I feel the oilskin covered headgear needs to be slightly taller in height. The figure itself is sculpted well although I have noticed sometimes the folds/creases in the Napoleonic figures breeches are not always smoothly transitioned (properly realised ), (other manufactures have had such issues as well in clothing) . (There are a multitude of examples in a number of scales whereby the covered headgear of Prussian Infantry are of a good height).

The slight alteration in headgear size is a plea to Strelets - please take action upon this, the fine tuning of this detail will aesthetically improve the look and presence of each figure. The different variants of faces further adds to each individual figures appeal and enhances the painting experience.

I must say you must have a crystal ball in the midst of STRELET TOWERS (perhaps an all seeing eye) :-). As I was considering to post on the forum a request for the exact posed figure with the musket carried at an angle upon the left shoulder. I hope you do similar/variations of this type of figure pose for other nations together with the usual regular shouldered arms & support arms for marching figures.
I do like figures (Marching and Advancing) portraying speed and impetus in their stride going into battle upon the fields of war.

To conclude I would like to discuss Marching figures carrying their muskets via the strap/sling.
If there is a real need for Strelets to include this type of figure pose in marching sets. Please only include 2 x individual poses as per your Polish Marching set (equates to 8 figures of this type per box).
The British/Scots marching set each had 4 x individual poses of this type per box (equates to 16 figures of this type per box). For me that is just too many of this type of figure per box, disproportionately too high especially if you was considering to purchase a sizeable number of boxes (Marching figure sets).
That corresponds to a lot of figure wastage for me when the result is not using them in their entirety to build Napoleonic units. My preference for future Napoleonic Marching sets is to include the usual regular shouldered arms & support arms marching poses and similar/variations of the recently shown sculpt of the Prussian marching infantryman.
Thank you Strelets for reading my quibbles and concerns.

Good Wishes for Christmas
& have bright prosperous New Year
Best Regards
Libero