Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Strelets SAM sets

Hi Strelets

Will Strelets SAM sets be employed as a format for all the key players/belligerents of the Napoleonic Wars (i.e Prussians, Russians, Austrian/Hungarians, French.....?(British already utilising this format).

Is it option A B C D E or a combination?

A. 100% chance

B. 50% chance

C. Other response (please enlighten)

D. There are many possibilities for the future of Napoleonic sets as there are many paths and roads to each nation.

E. The elves are covering the whole broad Napoleonic spectrum by making new Napoleonic sets in epic biblical proportions as it is Christmas.

Key: Standing, Attacking, Marching - SAM sets

To add further not to forget the possibilities of a supporting cast of many other nations that fought during the conflicts of the Napoleonic wars.
Long continue the evolutionary journey that Strelets is taking us upon in the realms that encompasses all that is Napoleonic.

Great success in the future
Best Regards
Libero

Re: Strelets SAM sets

I hope it's SAMAA format, standing, attacking, marching, at attention.

Hi Traveller

One can only hope to see what will be forthcoming from not only Strelets but other manufacturers.
I am just a little somewhat surprised that what metal figures have delivered quite a while ago (across the board for all different types of scales), plastics have realised this in just recent times.

Best regards
Libero

Ps Cheers to a good Xmas &
a great New Year

Dear Libero,

do you realize in which direction you're pushing us ?
It's not possible to do all those sets in lifetime span.

Regards,

Strelets

Hi Strelets

Ah a response from Strelets, I see option C has been chosen (other response).
Dear Strelets it is entirely your choice and perogative in the direction you wish to pursue the ambitions of your company. I fully appreciate the demands of making the "full spectrum of Napoleonics", option D & E were said "tongue in cheek" , in playful jovial jest, hence the smiling thumbs up. I hope nothing was lost in translation as the spoken word person to person may sound and be interpreted differently when written and presented via electronic means (posts, emails, etc...).
However I am forever hopeful for Marching and Attacking sets to be released in the future be it distant or near by any manufacturer for the key Napoleonic players mentioned (Prussian, Russian, Austrian/Hungarian, French, British).

Best wishes for Xmas
Good luck in the New Year and future endeavours
Regards
Libero

I've got to say I like the naming the new sets as Sam sets its so catchy.
On the topic of how quickly the SAM sets are released I think Strelets have got the Napoleonic sets timed to perfection, in releasing sets two to three times a year as I am a bit of a slow painter it gives me time to finish the last lot.
Even if they released all the sets at once people would want more its human nature, a lot obscure requests are being asked for & we must remember that Strelets have to make a profit & are not there for our every whim to come to fruition.
Mind you I think they are missing out big style by not releasing Austrian infantry & grenadiers in the sam format.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Merry Christmas Steve H

Hi Steve I'm glad you liked the name SAM sets,- 'catchy'
I hope you also liked the MAC format name, yes an acronym coined by yours truly on another forum many, many, many moons ago.... (but not a galaxy far, far away...)

(moons not this kind...)

Always patiently awaiting new Nap sets.
Cheers have a great Xmas & New Year

Happy painting.

to SAM sets and to green stuff & to the figure modelling material used & to the gifted scupltors at Strelets Towers and the Strelets team .

(don't mind the jumping man he is just an excitable enthusiastic Nap fan)