Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The WWII Japanese sets are pretty awesome

They have such a great look, feel, and style that they are their own thing. Iconic, like an Airfix or ESCI figure. This REALLY makes me want to see Strelets make a companion set of US Marines and maybe Marine heavy weapons and a set with a 75mm or 105mm Arty set.

What I like is the great infantry poses, very inspired (like Marx poses from "back in the day"). I would love US Marines with useful poses like some of those Britains Deetail WWII US Infantry from "back in the day" (at least as a start, the way the rifleman leans into the shot as he is standing firing, or the useful lean of the infantryman advancing forward. which could be used disembarking from landing craft as well as advancing through the jungle, or the way the grenade thrower looks convincing has always struck me as beautiful).

http://www.toysoldiers.com/products-soldiers/images/52010.jpg

I like the Japanese officer pose and radio man from the heavy weapons set, the guys carrying the ammo in the Arty set, and the grenade thrower, standing firing, and going to ground and laying rifle down from the "Infantry in attack" set. They remind me of Marx poses.

Re: The WWII Japanese sets are pretty awesome

Dear Arlin,

to be more precise, these sets were initially inspired by you, who drew our attention to this campaign.

Best regards,

Strelets

Well done all! I love this WWII range too, so keep them coming!

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we really appreciate it when a manufacturer courts and listens to feedback from their customer and fan base!

Fantastic poses, just wish the ACW sets would also get a figure or two using the rifle as a club.

Mine arrived today, as did the other WW 1 AND 2 sets, they all look very good to me, and I am loving the WW 2 Japs keep them coming Strelets and at this size :-)

Traveller
Fantastic poses, just wish the ACW sets would also get a figure or two using the rifle as a club.
I have always liked the hand grenade throwing pose and especially this one of Strelets now. Airfix and MARX have had similar ones. You know, Don Troiani has a painting of Confederates throwing rocks at the advancing Union troops when they ran out of ammo. I'd like to see a Confederate pose just like the Strelets Japanese and Airfix WWI German but instead throwing rocks. It wouldn't be out of place at all and besides, nobody has done one in 1/72 I know of. I'd also like clubbing poses for both ACW armies.