Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Japanese Heavy Weapons contribution

The mortars are all from the Strelets heavy weapons set, except for the Type 94. That's an old resin piece from a Canadian outfit whose name I've forgotten.

Hi John
I like your figs....sure being a PTO/ETO fan :wink:
I'm really interested to know if the ammo boxes are scratched or commercial, i like them and of course the type 92 feeding ammo:grinning: ....in general there is a lack of such things for Japs in the Market.

How i would like to have, 13mm and 25mm loading cartridges, ammo boxes of all sorts (yes indeed the Japs stuff IS different from what we get to buy...no one does it!!)

Thanks for your reply

The boxes and ammo are just modifications of things found in my leftovers containers. As you say, there seem to be no commercial products available to help with this. I looked at a lot of period photos, some of which include ammo boxes, so these are roughly the right size and shape I think. But the photos also indicate that the Japanese used multiple kinds of ammo boxes for the same weapons.

Great...really good job!
I'm trying also to reproduce some ammo boxes, loading cartridges for 13 and 25mm AA and of course ...most needed, feeding stripe for the type 92 HMG.
Results for the moment are acceptable but not what I want.....I'm a diorama builder so for me the closer to the real thing the better :sunglasses: