Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 30 Years War

Hi Tommy, I just ordered the tumbling dice to have a look, a bit expensive compared to plastics though. I'm really interested in any Revell infantry figures from the 30YW primarily the Imperials, if you could help me that would awesome.

Yes I agree some of the Mars figures look tempting or at least acceptable, I did order the Polish early infantry for my Swedish-Polish War, will see how they turn out. I found it strange that Red Box never did one 30YW set, hope they do in the future.

The Scanian Wars is something I've wanted to work with, but no good sources for Danish figures, I think some Danish units wore a hat that wasn't so typical for other armies.

I can’t explain it but there is something enormously satisfying about painting up what on initial inspection are “ugly” figures to reveal that they have a charm all of their own.
I am not a great painter either merely a passable one but attention to detail,interesting color choices and perseverance will bring rewards.

I agree totally with Traveller. It´s a pity that only Mars is still producing ugly soldiers of TYW or ECW. It would been wonderful, if Strelets will find interest to produce figures of this era which are really missing in the collector scene.

I totally disagree with the other comments of this topic. The Mars figures are mostly monsters, without necks and with bizarre movements and anatomies - especially their horses are only ugly. Also good painters can´t "save" these figures. So there are many collectors who will been very happy to have an alternative - especially since the wonderful Zvezda figures are out of production.

And I want to add still another proposal: Marlburians or all late 16th early 17th wars like the war of Sucession. No producer of 1/72-figures is producing this period which was really very interesting one in terms of uniforms, armory and tactics. Eventually Strelets can close this huge gap in figure production. I would appreciate it much and would buy many sets....

Painting figures should be fun, I agree the old Strelets and some of the Mars sets have their charm, when you can build up armies of similar sculpting style. But so many times have I looked at my painted Strelets (old!) or Red Box and thought what a waste of time and paint. The old adage that a poor figure can be made good with quality painting is not entirely true.

Though Mars should have some recognition for "re-issuing" some of the Revell line, making these excellent figures available for years to come.

Hallo Traveller

send me your e-mail and what you want.also where you live so i can find out how much it will cost to send you figures

Tommy
stonewall@ofir.dk

Tommy Hansen
Hallo Traveller

send me your e-mail and what you want.also where you live so i can find out how much it will cost to send you figures

Tommy
stonewall@ofir.dk
Email sent!

I have the Tumbling Dice and so far it looks like they match the ACTA figures pretty well, only pikes are somewhat different in thickness and length. One solution would be to use broomsticks for all but then the pikes would miss those great spearheads.