Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New ULTIMA RATIO SETS

santa: Hi Folks

4 New Sets from Ultima Ratio are on the Way (End of December 2017).

http://www.theluckysoldier.it/it/new-products/

Re: New ULTIMA RATIO SETS

They don't fit into my collecting priorities but they are certainly innovative sets, especially the ones focused on the 3 Musketeers era. Any idea what the guy with the axe and board with various sized holes in a board is about in the medieval artillery set? I do like Ultima Ratio both in the quality and style of their figures and the unusual nature of their subjects. Definitely a company to watch.

Graham Korn
They don't fit into my collecting priorities but they are certainly innovative sets, especially the ones focused on the 3 Musketeers era. Any idea what the guy with the axe and board with various sized holes in a board is about in the medieval artillery set? I do like Ultima Ratio both in the quality and style of their figures and the unusual nature of their subjects. Definitely a company to watch.
I did them. Have turned out very well.

Good job Haron, really amazing sets. Hope to see the horse musketeers in battle. I' ve got a curiosity far the 1805 Russian troops that I' ve see on Vk many days ago...can You tell me/us something? Many thanks.

Haron, any new sets for RedBox before year end?

Thank you

You're welcome Haron, I've always thought that you are a really good sculptor and with UR the problem with moulding that sometimes affected your Orion figures seems to have been sorted out. As I said I think you are a real asset to the hobby and I love the innovation of UR figures, I might just buy the musketeers just for the joy of painting them and putting together a little vignette as they are just such lovely interesting figures.

Graham Korn
"Any idea what the guy with the axe and board with various sized holes in a board is about in the medieval artillery set?"

I do believe its meant to be a "shot" gauge, add to it the kneeling figure with a "shot" in his hand and holding a pick/adze type tool for an interesting vignette....

:wink:

I'd prefer regular 30YW figures, new Swedes and Imperials, infantry and cavalry that fits ACTA and Revell would have been invaluable. That being said, the figures are lovely and colorful and I will definitely buy them.

Thankfully Strelets is very liberal when discussing other makers sets so I'd like to remind everyone that Strelets new batch will be released this coming week if everything turns out well.

Either way, well done Haron and I hope you will have the opportunity to sculpt more 30YW themed figures, this period really need a boost, since it has been ruined by poor figures by Mars for years now.

(A bit off-topic, the Ultima Ratio clickable link:
http://www.theluckysoldier.it/it/new-products/
Strelets ! You really need to have a forum that automatically turns links into clickable URLs!)

My standard comment can not see how I can convert them to WWll Dutch or Winter War Finns. But look nice on the box's picture.

I opened the pictures of the Musketeers figures (let's call them what they are) and my reaction was 'OH MY!'. After the disappointment of the German figures which promised so much but which were so far off the mark - these look the business. Thanks to the guys at VK club the pictures are there - https://vk.com/club7879149?w=wall-7879149_18117%2Fall

If you are like me and think that the Richard Donner films are the best versions of those stories then I think Ultima Ratio have nailed it. (Thank you Haron). I really can't wait to get my grubby paws on these. Richelieu, the ladies, the musketeers and Chritopher Lee as Rochefort, they're all there. (You can tell that I'm excited can't you?)

The Italian wars figues are interesting and the guy with the artilery shot gauge board (for sizing the cannon balls) is interesting and I can see some useful figures in there, but not as exciting as the msuketeers.

The musketeers certainly look splendid, I hope they don't make my Mars mounted musketeers need replacing!

Loving these, especially the Italian Militia. God bless Ultima Ratio, hope they'll make many more interesting sets in the future.