Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1/72 (More like HO OO) 1970's Reissue of German Strong Point (Last post guys - I promise)

Before the weekend comes, I wanted to let you guys know I tripped over this find on eBay thinking it was an original old stock, but turns out these are brand new reissues. I already got one and it is a real classic; a real solid set of plastic mountain with caves and cover plus accessories. I bought 2. I think this set is perfect for Strelets new WWII Imperial Japanese sets. I'd like to make a "Battle of Okinawa" set up. Link (many on eBay):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arii-444818-German-Secret-Strong-Point-Shelter-1-72-kit-Microace-Japan/291920896901?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Link from Google for one already set up and painted. Be sure to click on the Thumbnails and be sure to check out many more set examples (It's soo cool!):

http://hobbycom.jp/my/774037658e/photo/products/41533

More later; have a super weekend!

Re: 1/72 (More like HO OO) 1970's Reissue of German Strong Point (Last post guys - I promise)

Thanks Garrison,
Ah! the memories, I got this set for my 14th or 15th birthday many, many years ago!The original manufacturer was Eidai.I like your idea of using this set for Okinawa, it could also double for Tobruk! If your into gaming you could even add an element of role-playing... maybe rescuing a spy before he is to be executed!The Marines storm the front while the Rangers sneak in from behind.
I've been following Mike "Bunkermeister's" blog for years, I wonder if he has this set? I don't think I've ever seen it there.

Paul K.

Re: 1/72 (More like HO OO) 1970's Reissue of German Strong Point (Last post guys - I promise)

I got an Eadai one 40 years ago. The accaessories alone were worth it.
Mike Bunkermeister Creek

Hi Mike,

You are absolutely correct about the accessories, especially the Control Center Room electronics, tables, chairs, radar, telescope and more. I bought an extra set just for my Guns of Navarone. Last time I mentioned it you asked for pics. That prompted me to acquire Germans, cannons and vehicles, Tanks, Control Room electronics, furniture, etc. like the movie. I'm just about done getting all the stuff. Next I've got to dig out my mountain from my shed. Give me 6 months. You'll be the first to see when it's done. All I'm doing is setting up a Playset equivalent. Sorry, I really dislike painting.

OK, Happy Holidays!