Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 8*th Army Havy weapon

Very cool to see these, it's been a while since there have been any new sets for the 8th Army, even as Caesar and Italeri released new sets for the Afrika Korps. These should sell well.

Excellent looking & well thought out figures again. :+1:
Will happily add several boxes to my "british" and, most importantly, Commonwealth forces.

One doesn't need to be a plastic-soldier-Einstein to realize that this set, although labeled "8th Army", moreover features another extension of Strelets "South-East Asian theatre of World War II" range.
The figures could indeed serve with the 1st, 8th, 10th/9th, 14th Army or almost any other multi-national unit equipped with british material (... wearing the brodie).
One of the reasons I also see no problem with the otherwise welcomed inclusion of the PIAT here.

Regarding the size issue, ideally the new figures will fit into the company's own catalogue which clearly is based on 1/72. Would be somewhat daft if a new addition of Strelets' WWII-range wouldn't match their Indian & other Commonwealth sets (available & upcoming). :joy:
24mm would be the best choice to ensure the compatibility within Strelets range but also with the very good Revell & still excellent Esci/Italeri sets.

Really like the plausible poses, level of detail & sculpting in general, choice of weapons and the diversity (sidecaps). Can already predict a lot of head-swaps with the announced Indian Heavy Weapon & other sets.
11 useful poses for a "Mini" Heavy Weapons set, another field Strelets outclasses many competitors as well. :+1:

Hope we'll see a similar set for the Afrika Korps and maybe Italian or Free French figures in the same vein.
Still, a lot more can be done for the asian theatre of WWII in 1/72:
- Japanese Infantry in moderate/cold weather conditions (Manchuria/China/historical & fictional Soviet Border)
- Japanese Heavy Weapons ditto
- Chinese Infantry summer & "winter" (the very nice Caesar set barely scratched this subject)
- Chinese Heavy Weapons summer/winter
- Japanese & Chinese Cavalry/mounted Infantry
- Japanese, Chinese & Commonwealth supply/mule trains tropical, moderate or winter weather
- more Commonwealth-specific figures (Australians, various Indian headgear, ...)

Keep up the good work! :+1:

Excellent poses and sculpturing, must have in collection. Only wish is to make them in tan colour plastic.

Very sorry Buddy for this comment but I can not resist. Buy some paint of the colour you want buy a paint brush and paint them.

As others have said, a PIAT gunner might find a niche in some setting. But I'd swap him for a no. 2 for the AT rifle - rather than having two weapons with just one gunner each.

My two cents. Pa