Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
French and Indian War

Hey Strelets,

Would you ever consider making a French and Indian War range? Or if that is too specific a theatre, atleast expanding on the 7yw ranges out there with more British and French?

Re: French and Indian War

I think that's a great idea! I've wished for a French and Indian War series
for years. Looking at Strelets' Tecumseh set shows what a great job they could do!

Dear Richard,

we can see the merits of your suggestion, but taking into consideration complexity of the subject (7YW) and many parties involved, we will be able to dip into it only once we will complete (almost) other ranges, that we've started already.

Best regards,

Strelets

Thanks for replying Strelets. Shame about the answer though! FIW and AWI are so neglected I'm surprised no company has decided to take this on. Must be a large American customer base wanting to get involved in this?

Richard
Thanks for replying Strelets. Shame about the answer though! FIW and AWI are so neglected I'm surprised no company has decided to take this on. Must be a large American customer base wanting to get involved in this?
You'd think so, but the American market for 1/72 isn't that great, miniatures, dioramas and wargaming is mostly a British and European affair. Also, ACW is much more popular in the states, still the abscence of AWI sets is somewhat puzzling...

Traveller
Richard
Thanks for replying Strelets. Shame about the answer though! FIW and AWI are so neglected I\'m surprised no company has decided to take this on. Must be a large American customer base wanting to get involved in this?
You'd think so, but the American market for 1/72 isn't that great, miniatures, dioramas and wargaming is mostly a British and European affair. Also, ACW is much more popular in the states, still the abscence of AWI sets is somewhat puzzling...
Is it that the ACW was simply an all American war while the AWI was much more complicated and involved large numbers of French, Spanish , German and the often forgotten loyalists as well as the principle contestants ?

Lets face it battle like Yorktown were Franco-American victories. The same applies to the 1812 American invasion of Canada.I am sure more sets for this era would be also appreciated.

I am not into the ACW (would rather have ECW - but consider this conflict also effected parts of New England)) but I can see that this has more profitable potential.

RCD
Traveller
Richard
Thanks for replying Strelets. Shame about the answer though! FIW and AWI are so neglected I\\\'m surprised no company has decided to take this on. Must be a large American customer base wanting to get involved in this?
You\'d think so, but the American market for 1/72 isn\'t that great, miniatures, dioramas and wargaming is mostly a British and European affair. Also, ACW is much more popular in the states, still the abscence of AWI sets is somewhat puzzling...
Is it that the ACW was simply an all American war while the AWI was much more complicated and involved large numbers of French, Spanish , German and the often forgotten loyalists as well as the principle contestants ?

Lets face it battle like Yorktown were Franco-American victories. The same applies to the 1812 American invasion of Canada.I am sure more sets for this era would be also appreciated.

I am not into the ACW (would rather have ECW - but consider this conflict also effected parts of New England)) but I can see that this has more profitable potential.
That and 18th century doesn't appeal that much to the public, 1860s firepower is more appealing and the overall 19th century setting, settlers, cowboys and so on has always been closer to the American heart I assume. Europe is the opposite, few care that much about Franco-Prussian War but prefer Napoleonics and even 7YW.