Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Future news...& hopes for the 2ww.

It seems that you Strelets are working on a British heavy weapon set for North Africa... I hope you will also produce the French Foreign Legion and the Moroccan Goumiers for Bir Akeim and something Italian. Greetings

Re: Future news...& hopes for the 2ww.

Dear Marco,

Waterloo 1815 are gradually covering all Italian subjects for Africa, and they are doing that quite skillfully. It will be a shame to interfere in their fine job.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Marco,

Waterloo 1815 are gradually covering all Italian subjects for Africa, and they are doing that quite skillfully. It will be a shame to interfere in their fine job.

Best regards,

Strelets
oh, it's true and a good and correct concept. But you' ll can produce the Abissinian and Libic soldiers that fighting for the Italy. Don't You think? And sure for French foreign legion that aren' t on the market.

..not forgetting Africa Korps heavy weapons too

Alan Buckingham
..not forgetting Africa Korps heavy weapons too

Totally agree. I've been building up a WWII collection and for my tastes, Airfix still has the best Afrika Korp Infantry. The 2nd Version has perfect helmets and soft caps. But no pith helmets, and nobody makes pith helmets like Strelets. I also like the fact they sculpted soldiers both in long and short pants. Airfix's 1st Version set had an accessory gun, but not the 2nd Version. Further, Airfix now come in Light Tan, Dark Tan, and Light Gray matching those of their actual soldiers. PSR lists other makers Afrika Korps and DAK, but none are as nice as Airfixs, and Strelets if made to it's current outstanding skill level. So, yes, I agree with Alan, the 1/72 market could certainly benefit from a great set of Strelets Heavy Weapons sets line in a nice light tan color.

P.S. I'd especially like to see the Crews made in long trousers, etc. I'm not so worried about Flak guns, etc. since everyone has made hard plastic versions. But smaller weapons that can be pulled by kettenkrads or hanomags. I'm still primarily a soldier collector and enjoy investing my money into as many poses as possible first with larger weapons secondary.

and what about some desert Aussies too. They did their best at Tobruk siege and we owe much to them as they got there from far away...

Marco Zappa
It seems that you Strelets are working on a British heavy weapon set for North Africa... I hope you will also produce the French Foreign Legion and the Moroccan Goumiers for Bir Akeim and something Italian. Greetings

Better to have Vichy French who fought everywhere in North Africa, Middle East, Levant, Far East and Madagascar. They fought nearly every Allied countries forces including the South Africa (clue buy more Strelet SA sets!).

I know that the current history only deals with the Free French and conveniently forgets the role of Vichy but their forces did tie down vast numbers of vitally needed allied troops.

Yes, Vichy French

Vichy French ate the most important missing North African figures. They fought hard for France and against both British and USA troops. We need them badly.
Mike Bunkermeister Creek