Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: soon be Friday.....

Alan Buckingham
...and what use will that be in North Africa 40-43 ???

The Napoleonic Prussian infantry were considered the height of entertainment by the Deutsche Afrika Korps Consert Party in the 1940's.

Brian
Alan Buckingham
...and what use will that be in North Africa 40-43 ???

The Napoleonic Prussian infantry were considered the height of entertainment by the Deutsche Afrika Korps Consert Party in the 1940's.
Thanks Brian, that bought a smile to my face. My thoughts are Prussian, apart from anything else Hat`s marching Prussians sell out as soon as they are restocked, so there is clearly a demand that probably is not currently being met, without oil skin covers on the shako`s makes them more fun to paint irrespective of accuracy.

Paul, maybe you are right and I am wrong.
The photo is quite dark but the tchako seems to be closer to a prussian tchako. I will appreciate also a new prussian set.

You little ripper!

"Boney fought the Prussi-ans away aye-ah..."

Great to have them in an uncovered shako I reckon; to provide flexibility and as a difference from existing offerings.

http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/UniformesPR/Infanterie02_1_2.png

Uniforms of the period were far from that when you consider factors like natural dyes, the weather, limitations of logistics & supply, looting, personal preferences and colonel's whims.

Thanks (again) Strelets.

I look forward to seeing these gentlemen marching into my collection. The painting will never end....

He looks very much like Prussian to me, the Russian rolled Greatcoat was worn underneath the Knapsack as opposed to the Prussian's who wore it over the top of the Knapsack (with the possible exception of the horizontal strap at the front which is often portrayed tied other the rolled Greatcoat).

Russian rolled Greatcoat
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/51/0b/1b/510b1b565e32bb4150cc07af38eab7c5--napoleonic-wars-summer-dress.jpg

Prussian rolled Greatcoat
http://www.napolun.com/mirror/web2.airmail.net/napoleon/westprussianinfantry.jpg

No oilskin cover on the Shako could rule him out of the Waterloo Campaign which means they are best suitable for 1808 to 1814.

The Shako looks to me a bit too short what do you think?

I would have preferred it if he were a Russian Musketeer this type of Shako was worn by them in large numbers well into 1812 and including the Battle of Borodino when the Kiwer was only just being introduced.

Having said he looks like a Prussian I agree he could still be painted as a Russian if your not too bothered about the rolled Greatcoat either way I will buying a few boxes of these.

At last something for Nappy Fans on Friday well done Strelets.

Brian,
I think you are right the shako seems to be a little small but I feel it still is acceptable, because in this scale your talking about, what 1/4 of a millimeter to correct the height. Also I would like to point out to everyone that this but just one figure. We don't know at this point if all the figures will be alike or different: Some of the men might have oil skin covers, some may have bandaged heads, some may even be wearing feldmutzes!...who knows, until we see more of the masters.
What I do like about this figure (and I hope there are a lot of them in the box) is their conversion potential: paint them white and you have the Berg infantry regiment circa 1815, paint them green and you have Prussian jagers or Russian line infantry add a plume and you have grenadiers add a big fat plume and you have Prussian foot guards!
I know the Prussian foot guards did not wear those plumes into battle but in a miniatures battle they will be distinct from the other line infantry!

Paul K.