Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ACW sets - proposals for future releases

Zouaves continued on the US side for duration of the war, as I understand it. The Confederates couldn't supply the uniforms, so historically, they are limited to the beginning. Still, they are really cool, and I think there would be a great deal of interest in them. Whether Strelets goes that route will depend on how their other offerings sell.

Here's a question: do you prefer realism or romanticism: would you rather have shabby rebels, barefoot and hairy, or, well, Louisiana Tigers and frockcoats-and-havelocks? Personally, I prefer the latter... but that's me...

Re: ACW sets - proposals for future releases

Xenophon
Zouaves continued on the US side for duration of the war, as I understand it. The Confederates couldn't supply the uniforms, so historically, they are limited to the beginning. Still, they are really cool, and I think there would be a great deal of interest in them. Whether Strelets goes that route will depend on how their other offerings sell.

Here's a question: do you prefer realism or romanticism: would you rather have shabby rebels, barefoot and hairy, or, well, Louisiana Tigers and frockcoats-and-havelocks? Personally, I prefer the latter... but that's me...

In this scale bare feet can be done with just paint, if there was a set with Havelocks and frock coats I'd buy them, always dreamt of a Manassas diorama with early war troops, Union troops in grey and so on.