Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Australian Camel corp.....

Bandoliers are normal issue for mounted troops wearas an equipment like the Leather pattern(similar to the 1908 but in leather) used by ANZAC troops would be normal for infantry, other then that possibly gaiters if their wearing them, pics are so low res its not easy to see details..

In fact though they are Infantry, Mounted Infantry you ride to battle and dismount to fight... I know of no occasion where the ICC fought mounted, though the Bikaner(Indian)cameliers of the ICC apparantly did? on one occasion at the Suez canal earlier in the war, but they were an exception...

Strelets are certainly looking after me. That's five more sets in the pipeline for the WW1 middle East conflict.

Are these the finished masters? Or is there still time to correct minor errors?
The mounted Australians must be next. Same camels as Imperial Corps?

Nice ones, if one removes the bandolier maybe they could be converted to ACW Confederates....but wrong trousers for that..

Seriously, just change the rifle, remove bandolier, add cartridge box, bayonet scabbard, cap pouch and you have Confederate firing lines, the poses are that good I say. Seems like these figures could be the base for ACW figures too, it's just sad to see that WWI and WWII figures seems better than pre WWI conflict figures..

Most model Vickers gunners end up looking as if they are doing field repairs, clearing a stoppage and not shooting it. Zvezda WWII BEF set is quite a good gunner pose.
The tripod has two front legs (with circular stops-shoes) which have quick release nuts and a longer rear leg with a shoe and fixes to the tripod with a "U" shaped bracket ie two legs the same, one different. The crosshead arm is a bit small (the curvy bit)