Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reissue sets

Dear Yevgen,

all announcements will be done in one month's time, once everything will be 100% guaranteed.

Best regards,

Strelets

PS Boers won't be there that's for sure.

Re: Reissue sets

Hi any chance/plans of retooling/remoulding the old sets to your new super standard Thanks Johnny

Updated ReMould Sets for British

Dear Strelets -

I think the best sculpted 1/72 plastic figurines to ever come out are your new WWI Turkish Infantry and also Arab Foot Fighters. The details on both sets are unsurpassed.

Your Boer War British Infantry Set screams to be updated both in terms of details and quality. It's time to have a nice set wearing the tall pith helmet with it's own cloth cover that completely covers it with the helmet flash (insignia) detail and the neck curtain with the top air vent this time. I've included the photos of actual complete uniforms, except the helmets need the Boer War cloth cover, but they have the neck curtain. Another great looking detail are the braces/suspenders holding both front ammo-pouches. These are wider at the top and narrower at the bottom.

The British Infantry are the heart and soul of the Boer War. I'd love to see an updated set with new details and up to your today's standards. Link to photos.

1. Reinactors as British Anglo-Boer War Kit at the start of the Second Boer War:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1920&bih=921&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=boer+war+british+infantry+uniform+color+plate&oq=boer+war+british+infantry+uniform+color+plate&gs_l=psy-ab.3...79076.82275.0.82649.12.12.0.0.0.0.147.958.10j1.11.0.dummy_maps_web_fallback...0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0....0.eF3Co8vjPBg#imgrc=aTSua_tNVmBrcM:&spf=1506797658458

2. Actual Uniforms used for Four Feathers:

http://www.soldiersofthequeen.com/HollywoodRaj-WilliamQuinnellandTheFourFeathers1939.html

Faithfully yours! - GC

Re: Updated ReMould Sets for British

GarrisonClay
Dear Strelets -

I think the best sculpted 1/72 plastic figurines to ever come out are your new WWI Turkish Infantry and also Arab Foot Fighters. The details on both sets are unsurpassed.

Your Boer War British Infantry Set screams to be updated both in terms of details and quality. It's time to have a nice set wearing the tall pith helmet with it's own cloth cover that completely covers it with the helmet flash (insignia) detail and the neck curtain with the top air vent this time. I've included the photos of actual complete uniforms, except the helmets need the Boer War cloth cover, but they have the neck curtain. Another great looking detail are the braces/suspenders holding both front ammo-pouches. These are wider at the top and narrower at the bottom.

The British Infantry are the heart and soul of the Boer War. I'd love to see an updated set with new details and up to your today's standards. Link to photos.

1. Reinactors as British Anglo-Boer War Kit at the start of the Second Boer War:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1920&bih=921&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=boer+war+british+infantry+uniform+color+plate&oq=boer+war+british+infantry+uniform+color+plate&gs_l=psy-ab.3...79076.82275.0.82649.12.12.0.0.0.0.147.958.10j1.11.0.dummy_maps_web_fallback...0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0....0.eF3Co8vjPBg#imgrc=aTSua_tNVmBrcM:&spf=1506797658458

2. Actual Uniforms used for Four Feathers:

http://www.soldiersofthequeen.com/HollywoodRaj-WilliamQuinnellandTheFourFeathers1939.html

Faithfully yours! - GC
agree 100%

Another one that 100% agrees

Strelets is actually the most productive and interesting producer of historical miniatures, which we have to be at first quite thankful to them and not to force them again and again to still wider ranges of themes and periods. I have sometimes the impression that some in the forum are like little children who wants always more and more.

Nothing against proposals for new figures, but I don´t know any producer who will "remodel" already produced sets. I doubt also the success of very specialized set-themes like personalities of the second world war who will mostly bought only once from collectors. These themes seems to fit me more for small miniature-producers of pewter or resin than for Strelets. So I would like to see here eventually more realism of proposals which can strengthen Strelets with good expectations of sales. There are still so many missing figure-sets in the already existing Strelets-campaigns like Napoleonic russian infantry, Napoleonic austrian infantry before 1809, the war of 1812 or the war of hundred years. Every new set in these or other existing campaigns of Strelets will been wonderful and for me personally more constructive.

Enjoy it that Strelets is producing so many sets with high quality and help them to avoid mistakes in details that PSR don´t have still any possibility to complain anything. And don´t ask less after every new set-presentation still more and more ...

Sorry but I did not buy any of Strelets old style figures and never will they are/were TO ME totally unusable, I have bought 19 boxes of new style figures and have pre paid for 8 boxes (waiting for them to be issued). A quick look down their list at least 22 sets I would buy if they were in their great new style (so say 50 boxes) I know that I am not the only wargamer that would buy Strelets old sets if they were remoulded to the new style. I am very happy with their new figures and pleased to see a company improve their figures and standards and not lower them (which sad to say is what seems to normally happen. Also we are just letting Strelets know are views it is up to Strelets to decide whether or not to follow our requests/wants, NEEDS????.
(PS like children wanting more, well yes but we pay cash to have more.)

I don't think it is just children who want more, I thought it was an absolute prerequisite for a consumer society and all of us need to have consumption fever. Don't collect plaggy figures if you disagree buy ISAs,bonds,gold bullion etc and squirrel away your vast accumulated sums
Consumo ergo sum. Like love it makes the world go round.(and unhappy )
If there is a mismatch with the style or size of new sets and old sets that could be combined or used in the same scenario then it makes sense to revise some of the earlier sets. On the other hand some ranges have an integrity and to revise odd sets may provoke urgent pleas for the rest to be done.
Personally I wish some manufacturer would tackle the second half of the 20th century again which seems a no go area now though Esci, Airfix, Revell, Caesar etc all did sets of that period but have now ceased or succumbed to lobbying.
Nothing wrong at all with manufacturers coming up with their own ideas though it seems clear that most collectors want their niche interests satiated first or a tantrum will be thrown .