Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Imperial guards marching in greatcoats

With their improved sculpting and good, steady output, I feel that Strelets is racing to the front of the line in terms of top manufacturers. What's especially impressive is that they've resisted the temptation to just do the same sets that other manufacturers have already made countless times (they've only done 1 WW2 German set, whereas another certain manufacturer has made about 35, 673!)
And marching French Imperial Guard sounds good, hopefully there will be a corresponding set of attack poses to go with it.

I'm looking forward to the at ease set, should be some right characters in there. That's another thing strelets do well is they seem to make figures that have realistic faces & character that is lacking in most other manufactures figures.

The French Imperial Guard in Greatcoats are not top of my list, I would much preferred Austrian Infantry Hungarian styled in Shakos or Russian Musketeers in 1809 Shako.

However if we are going to have French Imperial Guard in Greatcoats then I would like them as perfect as possible, overall these look very good but I would like to question the pinned back Greatcoat, I have not seen any illustrations representing this in the Napoleonic era only the Crimean and onward was this common or a rarity?

It Maybe better to have a closed Greatcoat and perhaps slightly shorter Greatcoat which would also be more useful for head conversion to French Fusiliers or other Greatcoat wearing soldiers.

The Bearskin fur cap looks good but size and shape wise and I think the Zvezda effort is better.
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=835

The size of the figures I would not expect this be a problem as Strelets have always been very consistent, slightly larger than the rank and file but no Giants and no bigger than Zvezda's.

Finally the luxury of having separate boxes for of Marching, Attacking, Stand at Ease and hopefully Firing and Loading is not quite right to me, if they were combined in 2 boxes instead of 4 boxes, that way they could move on to the next Napoleonic set Austrians, Russians and Dutch etc.

It sounds as if I am being very critical I can assure you this is not my intention I am only trying to be constructive, Strelets have always produced nice consistent figures but are now moving up in terms of quality so if we can help that can I only be a good thing.

Vive l'Empereur and Vive l'Stelets

Strelets new pics

Good news, though we need more Napoleonics in greatcoats for different countries, and not just marching or at ease.

Looking at these figures again after the original excitement they are not marching & they are not at ease could this be another variety of figures maybe at attention.

Hi everyone,
These figures coule be also part of the long waited Nap HQ staff part 3.
Let's see.
Have a nice evening.
CPN

at first i did not like this brand ....but after studing all 1 72 s ..... i love this set and the 0089 french Cuirassiers in winter dress .....WOW WHAT JOY TO PAINT ....AND I GIVE THE LAST TWO OR THREE YEARS YOU GUYS ARE GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ....BUT ITS SO HARD TO BUY THE KITS OF FIGURES PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE A WEB SITE FOR ALL TO BUY ANY OF YOUR FIGURES THIS WOULD BE PURE JOY ....I NEED SO MUCH OF YOUR FIGURES BUT CANT FIND THEM ANYWHERE IF I DO ITS WAY TO MUCH ....PLEASE CAN U HELP....THANKS JOHN WAYNE ...EVERETT

Howdy John Wayne,

I am guessing your in the US I would recommend trying Rupert at Drum and Flag he is based in the UK but has all the latest Strelets figures at very reasonable prices, if your buying enough figures then the postage to the US may not be so bad, try sending him an Email with what your looking for good luck.
Brian

drumandflag@gmail.com

https://www.drumandflag.co.uk/

Also this company has them and is in US

http://toysoldierhq.com/