Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Caesar sets in detail

Dan Taylor has some lovely Adrian helmeted heads, and I think Minairons does them as well.

The Canadians...first of all, they are somewhat ugly (at least looking at PSR, I'll try to get a set...), and they already include heavy weapons, making the standalone HW set redundant. Beautiful, but redundant.

I should get some Scots as well and convert the everloving crap out of them to make at least some Lewis gunners and maybe rifle grenadiers.

zirrian
Dan Taylor has some lovely Adrian helmeted heads, and I think Minairons does them as well.

The Minairons head sets are rather good usually.

Early War Miniatures do several head sets too, maybe Adrian helmeted ones as well.

HäT have done French Cavalry (set 8273) wearing Adrian helmets which might fit. Their artillery crew (set 8161) is terrible and in need of replacement heads itself.

How ungrateful you must remember that the manufactures know what we want so only you and me want WW1 French with Adrian helmet, HMG and mortars we should be thankful that they make anything for us. Henry Ford showed them the way You can have any colour you want as long as it is black. void(0);

johnny
How ungrateful you must remember that the manufactures know what we want so only you and me want WW1 French with Adrian helmet, HMG and mortars we should be thankful that they make anything for us. Henry Ford showed them the way You can have any colour you want as long as it is black. void(0);

I'm not sure if I understand what you've meant, but the market doesn't work on the principle of "the customers are for the manufacturers", but the exact opposite of that.

Re: New Caesar sets in deatil

Thank you for the link.

I will buy the 1914 French to bolster the existing HäT and Emhar sets.

Some of the Fallschirmjäger figures seem to wear the Heer helmet M1935, which puts them late in the war. The Leichtgeschütz has not been done in plastic yet so another one for the list. Yes I know more WW2 Germans, but Fallschirmjäger crew poses are not exactly thick on the ground in plastic.

The few close-ups show heavy lumps of extra plastic between arm and weapon/body, hopefully this does not mean coming back to the quality of an earlier production run Caesar had done by another manufacturer? Regards, Pa