Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Strelets Boer Set 056 / Early WW2 US Heavy Weapons / Early WW2 Dutch

Hi All

Firstly, thank you to Strelets for all the lovely minis they have released over the years. They have filled gaps in minis that I never thought I would see in plastic. On my desk now is the WW2 South-Africans for East Africa and for fighting the Japanese in Madagascar (fictional of course !).

Now..

1. Will set 056 Boer Infantry ever be made again ? I have looked for a set for ages and have never been able to find any.

2. There seems to be a trend whereby Strelets releases an infantry set and later follows it up with heavy weapons. So, will we ever see US WW2 heavy weapons set in the Brodie helmet ?
I need some mortars etc to help defend the Phillipines.

3. Early WW2 Dutch - nobody makes these in plastic and they can fight in Europe and the Pacific. Can we have some, pretty please Strelets ?

Lastly, have to agree with the Turkish Infantry appreciation thread, lovely minis, now can we can some early WW1 Serbs and Bulgarians please ?

Re: Strelets Boer Set 056 / Early WW2 US Heavy Weapons / Early WW2 Dutch

I agree, and also would appreciate a re-issue of Strelets Set 038 British Infantry please.

Dear Jacques,

thank you for your message.
1. most likely, yes.
2. we don't have such plans at the moment.
3. ditto

Please, be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

Yes to WW2 Dutch (who can double as Romanians), WW1 Serb and Bulgarian troops!

Doing WW2 Dutch (in particular the KNIL) would be very much in keeping with Strelets' recent focus on the Pacific Theater in World War II. The KNIL had unusual uniforms, weapons and equipment and cannot be easily replicated with existing 1/72 sets. They are almost the only real opponents for the nice sets of Japanese SNLF and Army paratroops that Strelets has produced to date, at least if you want to recreate historical battles rather than hypothetical ones!